I'm going to order bibs and top and give them a try

Cheers

Comments

• pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    No, don't support fakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    complex issue, do you give more money to a company that gives less money to the chinese people or give your money direct to the chinese and not help the poor team you profess to show support for.

I realise you only wanted a personal recommendation for a company that wont rip you off/sell you shoddy goods.

Do you shop in chinese shops in your area?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Fried pork balls?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 560
    Sorry im not interested in the morality.

Just looking for recommendations

Ta
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I wouldn't because it's likely to be crap (eg poor zips or pads) or have unusual sizing. You can get decent stuff from companies like Funkier or Lusso for not too much less. Also see: http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/. It's not really about where its made in my mind, more about design & quality control.

If you want to ignore this advice & take a gamble on knock-off kit, then see: http://www.monton-cycling.com/
    There have been very long threads about this before now, if you have a look on BR.

Good luck my immoral friend! :)
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Sorry im not interested in the morality.

Just looking for recommendations

Ta

Then I'm not interested in making it easy for you. Why don't you google it?
  • LOL
  • mcowan77
    Thanks passout

A nice straight forward answer
  • ricky1980
    ricky1980 Posts: 891
    order the BIBs at your own risk. the padding are crap.

tho the tops are decent. the zips aren't that poor. i used moton. although be prepared to wait for a month for them to show up
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Utter 5hite.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    You could cut the legs off your bird's tights, nick a sanitary towel and shove it under your ar$e - it would still be better than that knock off sweat shop sh1te!
  • mcowan77
    Thanks for the advice folks but I'm a big boy and I know the risks!!!

Cheers
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    I would disagree that the pads are rubbish, they're just thin, which may or may not suit some people. They certainly don't fall apart, I've done 1000s of miles in some. I have a pair, and on me, they are more comfortable than my gore bibs.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Strith wrote:
    I would disagree that the pads are rubbish, they're just thin, which may or may not suit some people. They certainly don't fall apart, I've done 1000s of miles in some. I have a pair, and on me, they are more comfortable than my gore bibs.

Depends on who you buy from, I guess. I've got a couple of pairs, both with better pads than my (admittedly low end) altura and nalini shorts.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    If you know the risks by your own admission, then why ask advice where to buy the poorly produced fake rip off stuff from? A ten second google search gives plenty? Just order some, pay your money, then once you have used it have a look at a proper shop and see the difference.
  • dempsey1
    dempsey1 Posts: 320
    +1 for monton
  • Utter 5hite.

This
  • mcowan77
    Jeff pls read my post before you come into my thread ranting

I didn't ask for advice re quality or wether it was morally correct to buy them, I asked for any recommendations re suppliers.

Wind ur neck in.

Happy easter
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Shows the daft rules moderating this forum, they get uppity about swear words but allow threads discussing what is a criminal enterprise.
  • team47b
    Shows the daft rules moderating this forum, they get uppity about swear words but allow threads discussing what is a criminal enterprise.

Guess their advertisers that 'sponsor' this site are all in favour of free enterprise and have complete disregard for the law, makes no sense.

os responsáveis ​​aqui são fodas estúpidas! :roll:
  • passout
    team47b wrote:

Guess their advertisers that 'sponsor' this site are all in favour of free enterprise and have complete disregard for the law, makes no sense.

os responsáveis ​​aqui são fodas estúpidas! :roll:

Genuine question - is it 'criminal' in China?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • team47b
    yes, but they don't try too hard to enforce copyright of their own products, and they have no legal obligation to enforce other countries laws. In the USA and france, for example, it is also illegal to buy fakes, but not in the UK.
  • passout
    Interesting - thanks.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Jeff pls read my post before you come into my thread ranting

I didn't ask for advice re quality or wether it was morally correct to buy them, I asked for any recommendations re suppliers.

Wind ur neck in.

Happy easter
    Fair point.

On similar subject, anyone know where I can buy a gram or 2 of really pure heroin.

None of this morality garbage, I just want to score some really good tackle.....after all, counterfeit clothing is controlled by the same ruthless triads who control the opium trade.

If you're that strapped for cash, and that can be the only reason for ever buying the counterfeit gear, I would look for last seasons genuine kit, which may be a similar price, but better quality, and at least your money is going towards sponsoring a race team rather than gangsters
  • team47b
    I like the fact you got

morality
    illegal drugs
    race team
    gangsters

into one post, shouldn't this be posted on pro race? :D
  • GER 67
    GER 67 Posts: 54
    Times are hard, give 'montonclub' a go, ideal summer kit, and they are good quality, the bib shorts.....mmm!!!! ok for short rides!! but try and support your local LBS, without them cycling would suffer. I buy most of my stuff from wiggle and Chainreaction, and of course my LBS. P.S 30 days for UK delivery!!!
    Kuota