Help selling a bike?

lm_trek
lm_trek Posts: 1,470
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Never really had a problem until now but have far too many bikes kicking around so trying to sell but so far being unsuccessful.

Ive posted on several forums, lots of photo's, realistic price and price dropped a few times to the point im sure it undervalued but saying that its only worth what someone will pay for it.

I know the one drawback is that i want pickup but the price reflects that.

So any suggestions? or other ways to sell? the one bike isn't even selling that well on ebay, having done a search and no one seems to be buying.

Is it better to hold fire a few months and try again?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Either arrange to pack it up and offer a courier - opens up your market, or stick it on with no reserve and get wht it's worth locally.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    im looking for a new bike next month

what bike
    what price
    where are you located?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Go to your nearest Halfords or other bike shop, get a bike box, package your bike in it, use 'parcels to go' to find a courier, sorted.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Go to your nearest Halfords or other bike shop, get a bike box, package your bike in it, use 'parcels to go' to find a courier, sorted.

This or any other LBS for a bike box. You can even charge for the postage and people will pay it.

Most bikes on ebay are collect only so you are making yours more attractive to purchasers.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    Anyone know if a courier will take a bike bag?? brought one by mistake a few weeks back so perfect chance to offload that as well.
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    I sold an old bike once on ebay - plenty of offers when you can ship it. Managed to pack it in a cardboard bike box by only taking off the wheels, detaching handlebars and seatpost (leaving cables connected) and managed to suitably pack it in with some padding (and some pipe insulation to protect the stantions in particular) - courier/parcel company did the rest - depends on the company on price re:weight vs size etc.