well impressed with new cube

pe1ter
pe1ter Posts: 169
edited March 2013 in MTB general
well got my new cube ltd today after not been sure as to get 18"or 20" i got the 20 so glad as the 18" would of felt to compact for me cant believe the spec for 599.99 some big name bikes are putting 1000 pound price tags on theres for same spec what a bargain from pauls cycles just cant wait till bad weather passes now so i can go out

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    No snow where I am, so I decided to cycle to the trails, 2 miles down the road it was over a foot deep. I quickly gave up haha, enjoy the new bike and I hope you get to use it soon! It looked like a bargain!
  • I have the same bike but 18" frame. I am 5'9, 32 inside leg and TBH it is pretty much perfect size wise ,seems a bit bigger than other 18" frame bikes I have rode. I think I would have found a 20" slightly too big.

first accessory I got was the matching coloured water bottle and cage :)
  • pe1ter
    im 5ft11 32 inside leg like the 20" because im not hunched over the bars its a top bike for little money
  • did you find it easy to setup? did you have to make any adjustments?
  • pe1ter
    i just had to put some more air in forks that was it gonna get rid of the stock pedals though might put some spds on it iuve got them on my cannondale badboy but thats for road use only
  • pe1ter wrote:
    i just had to put some more air in forks that was it gonna get rid of the stock pedals though might put some spds on it iuve got them on my cannondale badboy but thats for road use only

did you have to buy a shock pump to add air? also by default are these forks preset to 100mm? have you worked out how you adjust that?
  • pe1ter
    Borrowed my mates pump they are pretty easy to set up just have air chamber on left and rebound on bottom right of fork its got a rabbit and turtle ie rabbit for faster rebound turtle for slower i have it in the middle suits me fine
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Yep you'll need a shock pump to add air. If you want to change the internal travel, you have to take the fork apart, and add/remove spacers. Not all forks can do this, and some are only adjustable between 80mm and 100mm.