Skills Course Providers - Peaks / Manchester / Sheff area

celf-fella
celf-fella Posts: 28
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Can anyone recommend skills course providers for any of the above areas. know there are plenty of providers out there, but would prefer recommendations

cheers

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    A bit North of the area you are suggesting, but I've done Stop Crashing Level 1 with Ed Oxley and it was really good. I'm going to do level 2 later this year. Even with the group size Ed found enough time for everyone and he was a really nice and helpful bloke.

He does courses at Lee, Gisburn and near Hebden Bridge.
  • mcnultycop wrote:
    A bit North of the area you are suggesting, but I've done Stop Crashing Level 1 with Ed Oxley and it was really good. I'm going to do level 2 later this year. Even with the group size Ed found enough time for everyone and he was a really nice and helpful bloke.

He does courses at Lee, Gisburn and near Hebden Bridge.

+1 for Ed
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    +1 for edd also Emmy hoyes is very good http://www.mountainbikeskillscourses.co ... ation2.asp
  • +1 for Emmy Hoyes... my wife and a load of her mates did a course with her and it transformed their riding.
  • Cheers everyone for the replies.

Emmy is by far closest for me, but having received a response from her, is no longer running skills courses unless privately. To be honest I cannot justify the cost, so maybe next stop is Ed.
    Quite a way to travel for a skills course but the feedback on the website is positive , and he looks like he is up for a laugh too.

Still open to any others suggestions in the meantime