What bike next?

marcu5
marcu5 Posts: 28
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Hey,

So currently I'm riding a Trek 1.2 Alpha which has a basic aluminum frame with carbon forks with standard bontrager wheels. I'm currently looking into upgrading my bike to something with better mech and all round general performance.

I've had my eye on a few bikes such as the Canyon Ultimate CF 7.0, Focus Cayo, and Ribble R872 but unsure whether I'm looking in the right direction? Personally I really like the Canyon but it is expensive. I'm about to start competing in some 4th cat crits starting after Easter and I have a pretty consistent training plan so I kind of wanted to get something decent which I could benefit from. Has anyone got any feedback on these bikes I've mentioned or has anyone got any advice/recommendations?

Cheers, Marcus

Comments

• nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    If you are racing at 4th Cat then ride something you can afford to replace. It will not be down to the bike if you fail to pick up points at this level.
  • marcu5
    marcu5 Posts: 28
    nochekmate wrote:
    If you are racing at 4th Cat then ride something you can afford to replace. It will not be down to the bike if you fail to pick up points at this level.

Yes that is something that has crossed my mind a lot and I don't plan on just throwing money away on something unnecessary. Either way, I'm still keen to get an upgrade so any bike related advise would be ideal.