Wednesday Sch-meh-nesday

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning mongs,

The girlfriend objected to me referring to someone as a mong last night, but was ok with 'mongoloidbarstard.'

My last normal day at work before 5 splits in a row, bloody Easter holidays. Just to make it better, I have my boss down for the day after our car crash of a meeting with the big boss yesterday.

Onwards, to job uncertainty and disappointment!

Comments

• ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Worked til 11:30pm last night back in at 7:30am. Just have to get through today and 12 hours tomorrow then i'm free until the 8th April. Booked the week off to chill and get some things done on the car and get a few little rides in.

The sad excuse for coffee in my office has been consumed but not enjoyed. I may need to rectify this by a trip to a coffee establishment and also grab myself some bacon products

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    The sad excuse for coffee in my office has been consumed but not enjoyed. I may need to rectify this by a trip to a coffee establishment and also grab myself some bacon products

This. So very much this.

Would it kill them to get good coffee in?

No. But it might kill them if they don't...........

Mornin' window lickers,

Work stuff, then out with freinds. Livin' the dream, me. Livin' THE m***********g dream. :lol:

I've been unwell since the weekend and off the bike, and I'm kinda missing it. However, I think I'll ride in tomorrow regardless of the weather, then I'm due to be hitting Cannock on Friday. Niiiiiice. 8)

Onwards! To good coffee! And report writing! (yeah, that dream thing I was talking about? Told you I was livin' it!)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Morning

Current wifes birthday, day off but upstairs doing some work - so wont be in the good books.

Hopefully taking her out for an expensive lunch will resolve that! Later I have promised to cook dinner a very rare event.

Right files downloaded - time for excelhell
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    In work early as out on a course this afternoon about compliance stuff, then back to the office to do the work I haven't finished this morning for the day. On the plus side skiving out on a course means chocolate biscuits. And on the drive in found a cd I have been looking for for ages in the car.

Bad foot is aching a bit after running last night. And just discovered that I have to be in a wedding dress shop at 9am in Blackheath on Saturday giving my sister honest (but not too honest) advice about what kind of dress in my usual 'I can't really be bothered about your wedding and peoples impending nuptials manner'. So much for a lie in!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Still snowing, I just hope the stuff hasn't ruined the trails as I'm hoping for a night ride later.

Had a hair cut last night, might need a beanie under my helmet!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i discovered on the way in that the new car has an ipod docking station buily in, who knew? :lol: so i've been going through my music a - z only on b at the minute, but a bit of beastie boys and biffy clyro on the way in can't be bad 8) it's amazing what random crap gets put onto an ipod though!

i've done my work for the day in the last 3 hours. which should be good, but it means i have to go through my spread sheet of assets and correct any mistakes, new items, missing numbers etc etc etc. this is going to be very long and tedious.

anyway, i'm off out for a ride later so that's a win :D
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Once again, it's snowing in da Hudd. This is not how I planned my week off, I wanted to be out on the bike, checking out the new area. Instead, I watch cars struggling to get onto the main road.
    Today, I'll attack the small hangover I've got, and hopefully go for a walk. Both kinds.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Afternoon Maggots,

The other half returned to France yesterday after a two week escapade here on the Dark Continent
    She throughly enjoyed her short visit, but was taken back that every traffic light is frequented by beggars and roadside hawkers willing to pan off their wares of knock off sunglasses and DVDs.

Just another week here at the salt mine and thank fark it's a four day week, result.
    It's still warm here, so while Europe freezes, we are still getting sun with daily rainfall which is a little unusual for this time of they year.
    I will get out on the HT this weekend while the weather makes it viable, as winters are colder here than in Europe and worse as it's very dry indeed.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola ladies,

Well free lasagne being consumed for lucnh, freshly ground coffee drank. Oh and tomorrow booked off 5 day weekend wooooo!

other than that not alot :)
  • MissCMC
    Just go away with free food and days off!
  • homers_double
    If this snow carries on I'll be sat infront of the fire with a glass of wine tonight, never mind this bike riding rubbish.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:

We get free food for lunch everyday. :)
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    not on your days off you smug get.

enjoy paying for your lunch for 5 days.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    MissCMC wrote:

Free things and days off are for losers.

Bitter? Me? Jog on
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    aye, no time off for me this weekend. not at all resentful.
  • homers_double
    MissCMC wrote:

We get free food for lunch everyday. :)

Internet in prisons? Whatever next...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening children,

creating awsomeness on the computer has been my day today! Whether anyone else will see it that way is up for debate!
    My immediate grown up delighted the office by announcing his presence tomorrow which has scuppered everyones plans to do an AM bunk off! Twunt! Still, longish weekend on the cards, loafing and stuffs!

Night all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • MissCMC
    Had free doughnuts. They were promising and didn't deliver on taste.

Back in the office doing the work I should have been doing all afternoon instead of listening to a boring person talk about compliance stuff.
  • Thewaylander
    Urgh late working

Can't abide it, they pay for my hours :) not my private time.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Evening all
    Been a bit busy the last few weeks, work is a bit mental, and life has been trucking along rather well.. mostly.
    Was supposed to be going to Scotland for the long weekend but that's been canned due to the weather/impending travel chaos. Not much point in going all that way just to get stuck somewhere/not be able to ride. Currently trying to find somewhere to ride on a day-trip basis. Thinking FOD or similar probably - Cannock and Llandegla are closed so far.
    Frustrating as I've got a loaner bike for the weekend.. EX 9.7 just to make me look even more like I have no idea what I'm doing..
    Did I miss much?
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • MissCMC
    As far as I am aware FOD has snow, or did earlier in the week. Will check with the parentals tomorrow if it is still there and how much as they live pretty much in the woods by the tracks.
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    @ foxc

Coed Y Brenin is supposed to be mostly snow free at the moment
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,412
    Another mental day in the office. Just managed to commit my company to spending over £200k on advisors fees and get the minions to do most of the legwork on our side. The power.... :P Still, one more day 'till a frozen Easter break when I will be sleeping and loafing around like it's going out of fashion.

Time to hit the sack as I'm up early to pedal into work tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:
    As far as I am aware FOD has snow, or did earlier in the week. Will check with the parentals tomorrow if it is still there and how much as they live pretty much in the woods by the tracks.

a mate of mine rode there monday, he said that there is snow but it was rideable