edited March 2013 in The cake stop
I was pointed to this website/app last night:

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Mind = Blown.

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    It'll wear off believe me!

Lot of wrong info there as the pilot has to manually input the details of the flight and a lot don't.

Also a lot of holes due no radar.

Interesting though and is scary to see how many flights at one time over south east England.
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    That's a fraction of the aircraft in the air!

In Europe it's only showing aircraft equipped with ADS-B transponders.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Great site though.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Interesting though and is scary to see how many flights at one time over south east England.

I believe that flights under 3000ft do not require that a flight plan be lodged and unless you enter specific areas, there is no requirement to contact ATC.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    wow thats amazing - have you seen the lone sikorsky up by aberdeen - just followed a plane flying overhead - now following one with Ibsen on the tail :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

I believe that flights under 3000ft do not require that a flight plan be lodged and unless you enter specific areas, there is no requirement to contact ATC.

I often fly above this but as its non-commercial I dont need to log as such and am not allowed near controlled airspace for obvious reasons (PA32) I didnt even know this site existed, the kids are mesmerised :)
    Living MY dream.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Some glitches in it though. Saw a 777 'crash' over the pacific the other week. Altitude went from 40,000ft to 0 in around 5 minutes then it disappeared from the screen!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • You like aircraft? You might also like ships, shows the traffic lanes off the south coast well. :D

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/defaul ... level0=100
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    If you guys think that they're good then this is going to blow your minds.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470

They've finished! :cry:

I'm having to watch grass grow instead. It's pretty good, but nothing like paint drying :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    declan1 wrote:

They've finished! :cry:

I'm having to watch grass grow instead. It's pretty good, but nothing like paint drying :(

Just enjoy the soundtrack.