No one can be a***d to post Tuesday

leevil knievil
leevil knievil Posts: 162
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning folks

Work meh as usual, ride to work freezing as we enter the next Ice age, was hoping to get a ride in after work.

My head says no don't do it, my heart says your a wimp MTFU, will decide later. Don't know if I am looking forward to the Easter break now with the poo weather. I am sure the wife has a list of jobs for me too do.

Porridge and coffee await me, later folks
work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i'm feeling rather productive today and i've done all the shite jobs that i've been putting off for weeks and am catching up with paper work that should also have been done.

no ride today but there's a bit of an epic planned for tomorrow, which should be interesting in the ice and snow and the dark :lol:

have a good day all

and Waylander - miss CMC, i've got my eye on you 2...behave :lol:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

wake up you lazy barstewards.

Off to work for an hour to meet someone doing an audit then off to Covent garden for an hour long meeting but means I get a train at 12.30 and get home 8 hours later - a waste of a days work. Hopefully new forks should arrive today which should ease the pain.

Later
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening all,

Wondering what my free lunch will be, and if i should take thursday off and enjoy a 5 day weekend hmmm.

Otherwise life is going well, Still need new tyres on the car so £230 gone thats a set of bike wheels damn it lol.

And Kev i don't know what you mean i'm a perfect gentleman.

Laters mongettes
  • welshkev
    i've just found out there's a new pump track opened 10 mins from my house..wooo hoo

602026_10152638618110187_1203109626_n.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Well, it would seem that Huddersfield is leaving West Yorkshire, and officially joining the Arctic Circle as it's snowing again. It took me ages digging through snow (about 3' high in places, 4' where the snow fell off my roof!) and now those paths are white again! Lame!
    Today is payday, and as such, I HAVE to do some shopping. Living off beans and take aways has left me a tooting machine. So a big shop at Tesco is on the cards. I'm determined to investigate the area, probably by foot though as I don't fancy riding through these drifts.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Woh Kev!!!

Where where where where where where... tell me!!!
  • welshkev
    Woh Kev!!!

Where where where where where where... tell me!!!

unfortunately mate it's still quite far from you. it's in blaenavon, probably a good 25min drive
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Just about to find out if i have a Job.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I need to ride my bike, the weekend of drinking are starting to take their toll and I need to burn it off.

F*@king snow!

Not that I mind snow but it's the ice thats the killer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Gosh Kev sounds like my dad!

And Waylander - after some/all of the comments in here you have a long way to go to prove you are the perfect gentleman!

All kinds of crap are hitting the fan today here. Too busy and people handing in their notice everyday. I need to spend time updating my cv to get myself out of here and into somewhere with much more money.

Cannot wait for Thursday to finish so that I can get out of here and get home for a long weekend in London.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    came in late to work and had a mare trying to park in the museum car park (forgot it's half term) working until 11pm on some awards ceremony thing and really cant be arsed. lots of hanging around for a 30 minute award bit then back home to bed and back in at 7:30am tomorrow.
    4 cups of coffee consumed and still feel like i need a nap.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • ol\'gregg
    welshkev wrote:
    i've just found out there's a new pump track opened 10 mins from my house..wooo hoo

602026_10152638618110187_1203109626_n.jpg

I saw that the other day when i was driving down from the blorenge.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Still feeling like shite, bad manful, too much work to do, and it's unlikely that I'll get to head out and play on the snowboard in the best mini ice age in my living memory.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Toodles

With current employer or new? Either way good luck.

'Noon mongs.

Currently sat at home on the computer listening to the kids next door run the marathon up and down the stairs. If their mum wasn't such a fat lazy slag she'd have managed the five minute walk needed to get them to school :evil:
    Had another trip to physio yesterday, I can now move my right arm without feeling like it's being broken so all's good.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    bacons & coffee 'check', barny with the epo 'check', watchin it snow whilst thinking have i got enough layers on if i get lost 'check'
    MissCMC wrote:
    All kinds of crap are hitting the fan today here. Too busy and people handing in their notice everyday. I need to spend time updating my cv to get myself out of here and into somewhere with much more money.
    Taken a week off for the very same reason, workplace is a joke but, too run down to be in the right place an frame of mind to sort it out. All good workmates have left and i'm pretty much running show on same pittance so a week without should hopefully realise they cant have the Head of IT being payed twice my wage, asking me what to do and half my workload is helping a new guy because nobody is training him..

Wooosaa... Kim Jong MD will probably end up paying two fudging minions to do my job instead treating current staff better, just to spite me and the people who left.. now where did i leave those Fukitol pills..
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    Gosh Kev sounds like my dad!

i'm probably old enough to be your dad :lol:

and btw "gosh"? aren't we posh :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    Ooo taken thursday off... 5 day weekend. ordered me some fox antifreeze gloves cos they were on offer.

And I'm actually amore of hermit Miss CMC rather than a gentleman :)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Toodles

With current employer or new? Either way good luck.
    Managed to keep my job :roll: But on the upside their slowly realising that working at night and weekends is not such a great plan, :roll: But hey i can continue to look for work and still get paid.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thats teh important bit at the moment mate. To have a reliable income.
  • welshkev wrote:
    it's in blaenavon

that puts it fairly close to my folks place then :D
  • MissCMC
    Didn't really realise Gosh was considered posh. And not sure if you could be my dad actually. Think I'm older than you all think!

And Waylander - you want to get to the gym, meet some people and stop being a hermit! :) (controversial comment I know)
  • Thewaylander
    I would but on the whole I don't actually like people.... Just need to get out on my bike more :) starting to invest in decent winter gear now as i am starting to have +cash.
  • welshkev
    I would but on the whole I don't actually like people.... Just need to get out on my bike more :) starting to invest in decent winter gear now as i am starting to have +cash.

i think she was inviting you to the gym with her mate, you're in there :lol:
    welshkev wrote:
    it's in blaenavon

that puts it fairly close to my folks place then :D

where do they live mate?
  • Thewaylander
    Sigh...
  • MissCMC
    Cash - thank god I get paid tomorrow! How did dark green skinny jeans seem like a good idea on the weekend when I bought them?! (and the indigo ones aswell...)

I'm inviting no one to the gym with me! I don't play well with others.
  • Thewaylander
    Pay day today,

So tax the car, tyres for car, book MOT.. and then not spend rest of month :) Tyres are so expensive!
  • ol\'gregg
    Pay day today,

So tax the car, tyres for car, book MOT.. and then not spend rest of month :) Tyres are so expensive!

Tell me about it 1 new tyre £60. Tax for the year £220. new brakes all round £200. MOT £50 if anything else needs doing on my car now it'll have to wait as i'm trying to save so i can move back to Cardiff.
  • Thewaylander
    £60 i wish my tyres cost 60, come down 20 bucks since last year but £108 a tyre at the moment :)

Still my tax £130ish for the year :p
  • ol\'gregg
    edited March 2013
    Yeah that was £60 for super budget last 30 miles tyres.
    £220 a year to tax this thing. after £120 a year on my old crappy fiesta
    photo-2-2_zps5eea221b.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    afternoon

Been in London having fun meetings all day, now on the train waiting to depart Euston - lots of fun. Hopefully pub when I get back in a couple of hours.

Re: tyres - you need a dad with a tyre business, much cheaper :lol: