Unsensible shopping spree

nweststeyn
nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
[idiot]

I just did a full strip and rebuild of my bike and decided that, despite having no spare cash, I needed new brake pads and new jockey wheels for my rear mech...

So I went online and thought 'Ill just chuck this on the credit card, 30 quid at most'. But I got excited and now, on the way there is:

New Centaur red&black rear mech
4 brake pads
2 new water bottles
2 Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres
and a pair of Shutt VR Roubaix bib-knicks

Ooops. How do I explain this one?

[/idiot]

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Look fella, if ya car neede a new set of shocks and a couple of new tyres :cry: you'd have paid for them wouldn't you.

It's only a bit different. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    All I can see is two new bottles ;-)
  • nweststeyn
    Very important, those bottles, for all the riding I'm not doing because of this BLOODY SNOW!

Argh.
  • nweststeyn wrote:
    Very important, those bottles, for all the riding I'm not doing because of this BLOODY SNOW!
    Fill them with water, pop them in the fridge, and claim they're part of your cunning plan to ensure a ready supply of water for the family in the event of pipes freezing.
    Mangeur
  • nweststeyn
    "They had a special offer where if I buy these bottles I get a free rear mech!"
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    My dad replaced nothing with a brand-new red, white and black Campagnolo jacket a while ago. Mother asked "Is that a new jacket?". Dad replied "No, I've had it for ages!", and that was the end of it! Hehe :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You realise you have a problem when you start hiding unnecessary bike purchases at work so the Missus won't find them....

Not that I do this :oops:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • nweststeyn
    Ordered thursday morning... Still not here yet? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

It's making me want to order more stuff!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    seanoconn wrote:
    You realise you have a problem when you start hiding unnecessary bike purchases at work so the Missus won't find them....

Not that I do this :oops:
    Can you clarify what you mean by 'unnecessary'? :-)