Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Is He One Of Yours?

AkirashoAkirasho Posts: 1,892
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Ran into this guy on a local multi (Dayton, OH, USA). Friendly sort, but he talked funny.

Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4847_zpsb05e5d81.jpg
Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4846_zps41908add.jpg
Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4848_zpsfdb47698.jpg
Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4849_zpsf07738ab.jpg

Cyclist-MadRiverAtFindlay-IMG_6897_zpsbd135051.jpg


He said the club still exists in the UK. He was a chatty sort, but had an intersting story about his wifey and Vietnam and bicycles!!!.

He was a better man than I, opting to take on the mud and highway construction on the multi whereas I decided to cower in the traffic on the surface streets!

Posts

  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    Off topic, but are you from Ohio ?
    Im in Ohio next month on business.
    Living MY dream.
  • AkirashoAkirasho Posts: 1,892
    VTech wrote:
    Off topic, but are you from Ohio ?
    Im in Ohio next month on business.


    Yep, O H IO!!!
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    2300 Pinnacle Parkway
    Twinsburg, OH 44087

    This is where I am working, I guess as Ohio is a big place its a million miles from you ?
    Living MY dream.
  • AkirashoAkirasho Posts: 1,892
    VTech wrote:
    2300 Pinnacle Parkway
    Twinsburg, OH 44087

    This is where I am working, I guess as Ohio is a big place its a million miles from you ?


    ... it is PRECISELY a million miles from here! :mrgreen: or maybe about 200?
  • danlikesbikesdanlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Akirasho wrote:
    Ran into this guy on a local multi (Dayton, OH, USA). Friendly sort, but he talked funny.

    Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4847_zpsb05e5d81.jpg
    Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4846_zps41908add.jpg
    Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4848_zpsfdb47698.jpg
    Cyclist-GreatMiamiAtDeedsPoint-IMG_4849_zpsf07738ab.jpg

    Cyclist-MadRiverAtFindlay-IMG_6897_zpsbd135051.jpg


    He said the club still exists in the UK. He was a chatty sort, but had an intersting story about his wifey and Vietnam and bicycles!!!.

    He was a better man than I, opting to take on the mud and highway construction on the multi whereas I decided to cower in the traffic on the surface streets!

    The club does exist in the UK http://www.willesdencyclingclub.co.uk

    As for the talking funny well guess he would sound OK to me if he were an English man talking English, but guess I'm biased :D
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 7,736
    Where's his left shoe?
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Sign In or Register to comment.