Sagan's next victory salute

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited February 2014 in Pro race
So what should he do next? I would like to see him stop just before the line and moonwalk over it!

Comments

• I argued yesterday for stopping, walking across the line with his bike held aloft then tossing it to the floor, saying "Sagan out" and walking off without looking back.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Danny Mac style front flip off of the top of the finish line arch thingum...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Funnily enough I was going to say a Megaskills-type front wheel manual into a spin that leaves him rolling backwards into the media tent where he just grabs the back brake and drops back into his seat for interviews.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Team car pulls alongside and he does a bike change onto a unicycle and pedals over the line!

Obviously assumes its not a sprint finish.
  • smithy21 wrote:
    Team car pulls alongside and he does a bike change onto a unicycle and pedals over the line!

Obviously assumes its not a sprint finish.

...probably still take it.....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    In tribute to Bike Radar Pro Race forum he should stop for a fish supper before crossing the line.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    "Have you seen my elephant impression??"
  • How about something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RogocRxEU

(think it's a fake BTW)
  • "Have you seen my elephant impression??"

That's ridiculous.

His bibs have no pockets.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    He should stop just before the line, pull Mila Kunis out of the crowd, and have her mediate the middle east issues successfully whilst doing a handstand on his bars.

Or, cross the line normally, hop off and when Chinny crosses the line, point at his groin and say "say hello to my leetle friend"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pretend to snort the finish line, a la Robbie Fowler.

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well he better start trying to get a win in a quality race and a win that is more than a sprint so he has time to celebrate in some of the ways above. His one day race palmares reads as follows:
    GW 2013
    /End

The vast majority of his other wins were sprints.

A great talent, I like him, but I'd like to see him start performing in the biggest races and win with the panache his talent allows.

Also, ask yourself why 98% of the peloton don't celebrate like that. I suppose you people are of the opinion that the uber-minority demonstrates the correct way of going about things.

I don't mind the celebrations really, just think they are childish and lacking in class.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I don't mind the celebrations really, just think they are childish and lacking in class.
    But your current avatar shows Sagan doing one of his classic childish and classless celebrations :?:

I think it would be a bit tiring if every rider did these celebrations, but it does add a bit of flavour to the sport to have a few characters. I don't really see how Sagan's celebrations are any different to Contador's pistols or Flecha's arrow loosing.
  • Well he better start trying to get a win in a quality race and a win that is more than a sprint so he has time to celebrate in some of the ways above. His one day race palmares reads as follows:
    GW 2013
    /End

The vast majority of his other wins were sprints.

A great talent, I like him, but I'd like to see him start performing in the biggest races and win with the panache his talent allows.

Also, ask yourself why 98% of the peloton don't celebrate like that. I suppose you people are of the opinion that the uber-minority demonstrates the correct way of going about things.

THis is only his second season of ridng the biggest races and he's already won 2 Tour stages, a green jersey and Gent Wewelgem.

@gietvangent
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Graeme_S wrote:
    But your current avatar shows Sagan doing one of his classic childish and classless celebrations :?:

I think it would be a bit tiring if every rider did these celebrations, but it does add a bit of flavour to the sport to have a few characters. I don't really see how Sagan's celebrations are any different to Contador's pistols or Flecha's arrow loosing.

It has to be said that the Contador pistol thing was a bit rubbish, does he still do that? At least Flecha's salute means something (and plus we don't see it very often...), if Contador followed that logic then he'd have to pull a calculator out of his back pocket and pretend to do some sums.

Please note that none of this is in any way meant to be taken seriously.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • THis is only his second season of ridng the biggest races and he's already won 2 Tour stages, a green jersey and Gent Wewelgem.

3 Tour stages. And he is only 23!
  • tailwindhome
    edited March 2013
    Graeme_S wrote:

It has to be said that the Contador pistol thing was a bit rubbish, does he still do that? At least Flecha's salute means something (and plus we don't see it very often...), if Contador followed that logic then he'd have to pull a calculator out of his back pocket and pretend to do some sums.

Please note that none of this is in any way meant to be taken seriously.

I would have thought if we were discussing celebrations which lack class and are disrespectful to fans, race organisers and your fellow pros then this would win everytime....

ContadorSalute640.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    THis is only his second season of ridng the biggest races and he's already won 2 Tour stages, a green jersey and Gent Wewelgem.

Cav won 4 Tour stages and 2 Giro stages in 08 when he was 23 (and the Madison World Champs with Wiggins for good measure). But not the green jersey too....
  • THis is only his second season of ridng the biggest races and he's already won 2 Tour stages, a green jersey and Gent Wewelgem.

Cav won 4 Tour stages and 2 Giro stages in 08 when he was 23 (and the Madison World Champs with Wiggins for good measure). But not the green jersey too....

The idea wasn't comparison, I was asking FF what more he would like Sagan to have achieved thus far, given barely anyone wins a classic in their first attempt at them.

@gietvangent
  • The idea wasn't comparison, I was asking FF what more he would like Sagan to have achieved thus far, given barely anyone wins a classic in their first attempt at them.

Cavendish won Milan San Remo at his first attempt! :wink:

Anyway, this is getting off topic, let's have some more Sagan's victory salutes! I don't care if people don't like it or not!
  • frenchfighter
    Take his jersey off and blow a kiss for TWH.
    tumblr_mdbtqkev2n1rhm347o1_r2_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    I don't mind FrenchFighter's posts really, just think they are childish and lacking in class.

:wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Just seen a photo with a tshirt from Sagan I hope is a photoshop...would post but it is not appropriate
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_m6zuclRwWg1qftijbo1_500.jpg

And you can put this one on your desktop twh:
    tumblr_m7m2xsuyNO1qgxbpuo1_500.jpg

And for you Sagan lovers:
    749498025.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • This would be about as far as Sagan's finish-line trick cycling can go;

http://youtu.be/DTm658dOMHA?t=3m41s

(Reverse grip-ride courtesy of Martin Aparijo, GT BMX's freestyle legend from the 1980's! :D)

DD.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    I argued yesterday for stopping, walking across the line with his bike held aloft ...
    What Simeoni did a few years back in the Vuelta?
    simeoni_app2001092700149_600.jpg

This is has also been done before
    8589997684_5e37f705e0.jpg
    by Columbian rider Perez winning a stage of a tour in Venezuela about 10 years ago.

I suspect FF might consider Perez also “childish and lacking in class” – although what makes a ‘class’ victory celebration, I don’t know. I think Sagan’s are fine; to me, perhaps because of their simple nature, they don’t have the arrogance that occasionally other riders’ celebrations do, especially when they are trying to make some point from their cult of celebrity mindsets.

I’d like to see Sagan try this next.
    a962ff6325.jpg
    The bike is moving.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Not to mention 3 Vuelta stage wins and the Tour of Poland in 2011.
    And for you Sagan lovers:
    749498025.gif
    It’s not new for Sagan to celebrate with a wheelie, he did so just after crossing the line when winning his MTB Junior World title about 5 years ago.

He also did wheelies in the finishing area of the last stage of the 2011 Tour of Poland, having won the Tour GC overall, and in the finishing area of one of the stages he won at the Tour of California in 2012.

He even did a wheelie after crossing the line at La Planche des Belles Filles in stage 7 of last year's TdF, despite coming in about 12 mins down. There, to the delight of the crowd, his wheelie included about 20 metres or so without hands - he had his arms outstretched to the side.
  • frenchfighter
    I hope you enjoyed posting all your knowledge - I certainly enjoyed reading it as usual.

You are right about the wheelies and I know about the wheelies you mention. I find them incredibly impressive.

Re Sagan's palmares. I know about all his wins and my points still stand. His wins are not often solo and therefore he wouldnt have the time to do the celebrations suggested and again he still has only one 1 day win (I am excluding the National champs).

His palmares are good yes but with a guy who seems to ride at times so far above everyone else it could be better and he could have a higher quality of races on that list. Still plenty of time though although I think some people forget he has been racing since 2010, when he burst onto the scene at PN in incredible fashion, so has had lots of years to learn and stack quality wins.

320-FIN_STD_IMG.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    he still has only one 1 day win (I am excluding the National champs).]

2 (exc the National Championship)

Hard to keep track isn't it? :wink:

camaiore.jpg