Rapha winter collars

nort757
nort757 Posts: 104
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Afternoon guys
looking for a rapha winter collar in any colour but pink and not the sky one but the rapha site seems to be out
any ideas of any other stockists or places apart from ones listed on the site that might have these please?
thanks

Comments

• snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Ebay
  • nort757
    yeah checked there ta
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    I have an unhealthy love for Rapha kit but (can't believe I'm going to say this) a standard plain merino buff that can be picked up for at least a tenner cheaper is just as good as this piece. So don't lose sleep if you can't find the Rapha one ;-)
  • nort757
    ha
    i will bear that in mind mate thanks
  • My sister-in-law bought me one for Christmas (the orange one). I was sceptical initially, but I absolutely love it now.

Not much help in terms of finding one, granted, but just wanted to offset the cynics! :lol:
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I did look too but I could only find pink on ebay, then again Rapha only seem to have 3 colours in their spectrum, black, white and pink and 2 of those you dont even class as colours!!!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • thegreatdivide
    I think the buff (although they're not allowed to use the word buff) along with some other accessories were given away free to customer's who had orders in delay when they moved the distribution center earlier this month. So that's prob why they vanished so quickly.
  • nort757
    yeah i had a jersey on order that was delayed and got sent the pink one,black with a bit of pink would of been fine but completely pink was a bit much,really nice item though
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Have you checked Royles? They sell Rapha gear online. I think Sigma Sport also sell Rapha now too, but only in store if you happen to live that way.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I think the buff (although they're not allowed to use the word buff) along with some other accessories were given away free to customer's who had orders in delay when they moved the distribution center earlier this month. So that's prob why they vanished so quickly.

Aren't they called snoods? :D
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    You could always try Condor, or phone up the cycle club (cafe) - they sometimes have stuff in there.
  • nort757
    tried royles but nothing,looked at condor online but again nothing i will make some calls monday,cheers guys
  • thegreatdivide
    Try Ronde in Edinburgh

http://www.rondebike.com/
  • nort757
    none at condor and none at ronde,wounder,looks like its an ebay job or a merino buff
  • Seriously, they ain't worth the money
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • nort757
    what is these days mate
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Planet X, £9.99 GF has a Rapha one and it's nice but the Planet X does the same job using the same material
    M.Rushton
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    FWIW - I got the EDZ Merino multi tube tube for my B'day. It was from Amazon apparently. I've never used a neck tube/buff before but now think it's one of the most useful bits of kit I have. Nothing else to compare this to but I'm impressed with it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EDZ-Merino-200g ... d_sim_ap_5
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • nort757
    just called the rapha cycle cafe in london and they have the blue im after but dont do mail order,arse
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Navy blue currently on eBay.

See, I did say eBay!

;-)
  • nort757
    ha ha,cheers mate had a saved search email pop up earlier,thanks again