Meh it's Monday

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

I'd much rather it were still Sunday, or preferably Saturday. Start my first placement today, hence I'm up early in the holidays. Anyway, better get on, hope I manage not to fuck it up too massively... now I just need to find my stethoscope and stuff, I'm fairly sure I brought it back from PB but I have no idea where it is, prepared as ever :roll:

Laters

Comments

• pingu lord of all penguin
    edited March 2013
    Morning mongs and mongettes

Half way through two months of leave today so off to Gawton for a days DH'ing followed by Pub quiz in the evening.
    Onwards to caffeine and fried pig pieces.
    one by one my penguins will steal your sanity
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

A s**t weekend was had, no doubt to be followed by a s**t week in work, too.

Today will feature no bacon, and coffee no.1 isn't sitting too well either.

My only pleasure will come from hoping I give whatever dose of the Mark Fowlers I have to some other poor b*****d.

On the plus side, it's only a 4 day working week. Friday can't come soon enough!

Onwards! Slowly........
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lots of grief at work this week, which I get the feeling may spill over into next weeks holiday :(

Other than that......... meh
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

went to UKBP yesterday, much fun was had but it was bloody cold! i hit a tree also, so my arm is quite sore today.

a bit of work to do today, but not too much so a nice lazy day of trying to look busy :)

laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Clank wrote:
    A s**t weekend was had, no doubt to be followed by a s**t week in work, too.

^ This. What was planned to be a good weekend just went ever more quickly downhill until I was almost glad it was over.

In the office today to sort out no end of crap then away for a three day road trip. Probably not getting back until the early hours of Friday so that will be a s**t start to the long weekend too. I can almost guarantee that the majority of it will be spent sitting in bank holiday traffic.

I think I'll finish early and just to get away from all these muppets.

Morning tea is failing to hit the spot too.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies.

Today i'm in the office and hoping to do as little as possible the chances of this are slim but hey ho, onwards to more coffee and tea. Free lunch everyday is awesome :D
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning self abusers...

Spent all day sat fettling bikes and preparing for the destruction derby that was Sherwood pines Round 1 NPS on Sun, an hour or so of riding round the Somme, sand & shit everywhere... why is this weather so w@nk - sort it out FFS.

Onwards to a warmer drier round 2..... please
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Morning all, finally got a day off from work, might go for a ride later but for now relaxing with stupid amount of tea and unhealthy food while looking at all the lovely forks one can buy to go on the build im going to start soonand its all going over my head. On the plus side i managed to get some Vanilla coke from work so i am one very happy person right now :D
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    Today's been busy, considering I'm off work this week, I don't know if I like this. My fridge freezer and washing machine have arrived. This is good, except when they gave me the 20 minute courtesy call, I realised I hadn't cleared the front path. I forgot I had steps! You couldn't see them for the snow!
    Finally got that cleared just as they arrived. It's taken me 2 hours to unpack them and put them in place, only to discover the Fridge's power lead is about an inch too short!! So now I'm off to see if I can find a plinth it can sit on from B&Q. Possibly via Hot Librarian's house as I feel like a dog on heat!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Today started rubbish because it is cold and is getting worse. Stupidly busy in work and people move too slowly for my liking. Replaced the contracts I checked this weekend with just as many which have just come in today and I am too busy to look at in work so they will be coming home with me.

Just stuffed a meatball melt much to the disgust of all the girls in the office on diet. Washing it down with full fat coke, crisps and a chocolate bar. Well they all diet. I exercise so I don't have to diet. Wish I could have a free lunch everyday!

My sister has been busy arranging appointments all over London at wedding dress shops for Saturday. Great fun this weekend - spending it at home and in London with the parentals and siblings, discussing and organising wedding stuff that I really couldn't care less about. Rock n roll.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    MissCMC wrote:
    Stupidly busy in work and people move too slowly for my liking.

I'm 'on leave' but have still spent most of the f**king morning sorting other peoples sh*t out.

Morning mongs!

See comments above for how my day's going.

I should be out doing biking stuff but there's little chance of that!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    MMM free chilly enchallada how erver you spell it.

Love free food!!
  • MissCMC
    Hate hate hate.

And it's enchilada btw.
  • Thewaylander
    Thank you :)

Spelling never my strong suit, I just use numbers.

Mmm time to nip off and polish off some of the left over sarnies.
  • welshkev
    Thank you :)

Spelling never my strong suit, I just use numbers.

Mmm time to nip off and polish off some of the left over sarnies.

you use numbers to spell words? :wink:
  • Thewaylander
  • welshkev
    shouldn't that be 80085?
  • Thewaylander
    Doh!!!

i'll go back to bed now...
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon all, I have bacons so I thought of you. On days off, but that just means more revision for SEP's :( why do I need to know that a child life jacket has a canvas lifting strap, I am sure it is pretty obvious to someone that looks at it! roll on 4 weeks 4 days time when I can have my life back! Today is supposedly pay day, not been paid again cue panic. Won't see the boy again til Weds either. Life is rubbish at the moment :( Back to the books.
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • MissCMC
    Wont get far if that's all you can spell with numbers and then you cant even get that one right, haha!

Being a solicitor poor spelling is a pet hate. It's something we get really hung up over, to the extent that I have been known to correct lists that are hung on the fridge at home.
  • Thewaylander
    VAT tax accounts monkey, so I don't interact with people(which is a good thing), or have to spell.

I just analyze then go out for a ride...
  • MissCMC
    I have to do accounts too. I loathe client contact. My assistants try to keep me away from people and if a transaction goes through without me having to speak to a client that's seen as a good thing.

Love to just be able to work and then walk away and leave it. Unfortunately in a managerial position you don't get that luxury!
  • welshkev
    You 2 sound like you may be a match. Apart from you can't spell enchilada ;)
  • Thewaylander
    How can you say that Kev...

you trying to get rid of me :x
  • MissCMC
    Nah I go to the gym instead of ride my bike (because it's usually dark when I get home and much safer to be inside than out on a bike with the type who would leave me in a ditch).

I'm currently confusing my accounts department with some unusual and complex statements...
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening twonks,

usual monday military m'eh! today, heard that the crowd i work with will all be getting moved from south wales over to the eastern side of Englandshire, which is fine by me, will happen in the next year so they say!

foods and loafing/turbo stuffs tonight!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Bollox to today. Some feckwit landed a pile of expenses to be authorised that was about the same thickness as a telephone directory - deadline first thing tomorrow morning so had to stay and get it done as I don't 'do' early. But at least I manged to ogle the office totty again - one of them is short sighted I found out, so I might be in with a shout...

Anyhow, getting stuck into a good Malt whisky now 'cos I deserve one :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]