Onza tyres opinions

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I am after a decent rear tyre for my anthem. I popped into Evans cycles in town and came across onza tyres. I had a look at the 2.25 Canis that they had.
Does anyone own or has owned an Onza tyre? Are they a bargain or not that great?
Be good to gauge your opinions.
Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My Daughter has an older Onza Dave on hers, grips as well as the mainstream 'good' tyres I've tried (NN, XC Pro etc).

Given the size of Onza the tyres are almost certainly made by a name you'd recognise, I just don't know who!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rus6
    rus6 Posts: 9
    I've used the Onza Greina, it's a decent mud tyre with good volume.

Due to it's rounded profile it works much better on the front than the back for me (on the back it didn't track straight) Also very easily to inflate for a tubeless tyre.

Wasn't much of a bargain, but it's a good grippy, tubeless mud tyre tyre with decent volume.