GW changes and race *spoilers*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Not sure what the other riders are thinking not doing any riding. Better take your chances against Sagan in a sprint or an attack rather than make an effort to create the group then let the peloton comes back with a whole load more sprinters in it. Fail.

Go Sagan.

Oh well. Bad racing from them.

Very classy win from Sagan. Not riding wheels and hoping to take the sprint but goes solo en puissance from 4km, hands draped over the bars like Fabu. Love it.

Really enjoying Amador in these races. Got some spirit and am surprised to see him contending - had him down as performing more in the stage races.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    I've never seen a rider wearing arm warmers, leg warmers, thermal hat and no gloves!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    They tried working Sagan over all afternoon.... well that worked!
  • sweet wheelie
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    brian palmer ‏@twmp
    i'm not going to chase him, but you should. no, i think it's your turn. oh damn, he's gone; didn't see that coming. #sagan
    That...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    ddraver wrote:
    brian palmer ‏@twmp 3m
    i'm not going to chase him, but you should. no, i think it's your turn. oh damn, he's gone; didn't see that coming. #sagan

That...
    Too right.
    Chess players????
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Crap feed I've got, haven't a clue what's happening / happened - has it finished?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Is it wrong that I'd have laughed so hard if he'd fallen off during that wheelie?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    I've never seen a rider wearing arm warmers, leg warmers, thermal hat and no gloves!

He took them off just before he attacked. Got to be able to grip the bars hard when he puts down the power.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Great attack by Sagan, fair play, great ride. Wheelie over the line - complete tw@t.
    When a true genius appears in this world, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
  • ddraver wrote:
    brian palmer ‏@twmp 3m

That...
    Too right.
    Chess players????

Twas ever thus
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    You tw*t Sagan.

PTP Burning a bit? ;)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Great attack by Sagan, fair play, great ride. Wheelie over the line - complete tw@t.

Can't do one either eh?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Great attack by Sagan, fair play, great ride. Wheelie over the line - complete tw@t.

Can't do one either eh?

Yeah don't understand the problem. McEwen used to wheelie over every HC summit on the Tour.

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:
    You tw*t Sagan.

PTP Burning a bit? ;)

Yeah! Plus I just really hate his victory celebrations. That's why I called him a tw*t. Chapeau to the man for a great race and taking it on and outriding the rest, I just hate the theatrics.
  • above_the_cows
    That arm flick from Flecha asking Sagan to come through and Sagan just says ok and rides off. Ha ha ha! That is funny, that is classy, doesn't need the circus tricks.
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:

Can't do one either eh?

Yeah don't understand the problem. McEwen used to wheelie over every HC summit on the Tour.

And Chiappucci used to bunny hop them.

Personally, I didn't particularly like the wheelie there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    I love all that nonsense
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver wrote:

Can't do one either eh?

He's won the race, he can celebrate how he wants.

If he wins Flanders, I want to see him walk across the line, bike above his head, then toss it to the floor and walk off.

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mijjmgBSh71qdw1kro1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    SOTP_Header_Holding.jpg
    sagan_letter.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    ddraver wrote:

Can't do one either eh?

Reminds me of playing football in the park with mates and getting on your hands and knees to nudge the ball over the line with your head.

Sure he just means it as a bit of fun.
  • ddraver
    I love all that nonsense

Yep me too, In a sport so pretentious it's constantly in danger of disappearing up it's own ar*ehole, people like Sagan, Cav, Greg Henderson etc are a breath of fresh air...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    ddraver wrote:

Can't do one either eh?

If he wins Flanders, I want to see him walk across the line, bike above his head, then toss it to the floor and walk off.

Tweet him to suggest it :D
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

Can't do one either eh?

But there are limits to what is acceptable. He can't stick two fingers up for example. A sprinter pulling a wheelie over a mountin pass that's taking the wee wee out of themselves and the climb. It's something else when you've just won a race, it could be construed as taking the wee wee out of your competitors. If I was his mum I'd tell him how proud I was of him but to wind his neck in a little.
  • ddraver
    Sporza keep mentioning Cav? Any news there or it it just that he wasnt there...?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    I NEED A CLIP OF THAT PLANE LANDING FOR WHEN MY HOUSEMATE ASKS ME WHY IVE SPENT ALL DAY ON THE SOFA AGAIN!
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:
    SOTP_Header_Holding.jpg
    sagan_letter.jpg

I love it!

Cav was there in the peloton, he didn't bother sprinting for the minor places.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805

doesn't he understand there are PTP points at stake?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited March 2013

doesn't he understand there are PTP points at stake?

Selfish bugger, that Cav