GW changes and race *spoilers*

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Might as well tell you now so it saves you reading through the rest of the pages.

Sagan wins!!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I think Eisel realizes this group is staying away so he might as well race for himself. He's not taking very long turns.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I dont care - i have Sagan, Hausler and Eisel in the fantasy team - game on
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    OK Europcar rider has war paint on his face, they're not glasses.

Didn't see it, is it tape? If so it might be the same stuff as xc skiers use to try and stop wind burn.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Turfle wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Eisel taking a turn. Why?

I'd say Eisel vs Sagan, Bozic etc in a small group is a better bet than bunch sprint with EBH or Sutton vs Sagan, Cav, Greipel
    Sure. But he doesn't actually need to work and it does now look as though he is barely doing so.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    He and Sky both seem to be in two minds whether to work or chase, or do neither.
  • Group seem to just be keeping the gap steady and banking on the break messing about and attacking each other.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    This is pretty much headwind all the way now.

You can tell where Sky's priorities lie from their twitter updates. Nothing on GW, all about Catalunya and Criterium Int.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    latter is worth catching the highlights of btw....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Hope Haussler takes this. He's been the most aggressive today.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2013

You can tell where Sky's priorities lie from their twitter updates. Nothing on GW, all about Catalunya and Criterium Int.

Although both those races are at the very pointy end (well Catalunya has finished). G-W still has a little bit to go.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    I know it's only a chipper race but god this race is boring. I'd rather watch a TT.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • above_the_cows
    hammerite wrote:
    OK Europcar rider has war paint on his face, they're not glasses.

Didn't see it, is it tape? If so it might be the same stuff as xc skiers use to try and stop wind burn.

Not sure if its tape, but it would make sense if its to stop wind burn.
  • above_the_cows
    hammerite wrote:

Although both those races are at the very pointy end (well Catalunya has finished). G-W still has a little bit to go.

Yeah you could be right.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I know it's only a chipper race but god this race is boring. I'd rather watch a TT.

the action was 30k ago, was a pretty good race then
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    This is very boring.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    sporza know how to spoil another race
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    Right then, come on Bernie!
    - @ddraver
  • ilm_zero7
    a bit of cat and mouse at the front now - they could still throw this away if they stop working together
  • ilm_zero7
    10 seconds lost in the last km - it could all come back together f this carries on
  • ilm_zero7
    girls with their pom poms out - didnt expect to see that !
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    10 seconds lost in the last km - it could all come back together f this carries on

Just thinking that - any narrow sections left?
  • ilm_zero7
    another 15 seconds lost - its all going cavendish's way now
  • ddraver
    SHould be a good finish this, everyone bar Sagan has to attack....
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Not sure what the other riders are thinking not doing any riding. Better take your chances against Sagan in a sprint or an attack rather than make an effort to create the group then let the peloton comes back with a whole load more sprinters in it. Fail.

Go Sagan.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Who's going to try and get out of this group to not have to sprint against Sagan then?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    sporza know how to spoil another race

Yep, I understood my first ever Dutch. Fortunately I was also watching the Crit on ES!
  • ddraver
    playing into an Eisel tyoe riders hands this, Cannondale HAVE to work 100%
    - @ddraver
  • Huge turn from Cannondale #2 there

@gietvangent
  • ilm_zero7
    it will be all together with 2 km to go - betcha