GW changes and race *spoilers*

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    A big PTP moment today.

Are you on the wrong side of the Sagan/Cav split?

Yes! If I'd gone for Sagan then maybe I could have jinxed him.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    gap down to 1:17, sky chasing
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    dave milne wrote:
    who's going to chase from the peloton? too many teams represented in the break surely

Only really RadioShack for Fabian but don't think they've got the team to do it. OPQS and Sky should really be bringing it back. Eisel vs Sagan vs Vandenbergh in a sprint, hmmmm wonder who would win that.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    They'll bring 'em back.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    rozzer32 wrote:
    dave milne wrote:
    who's going to chase from the peloton? too many teams represented in the break surely

Only really RadioShack for Fabian but don't think they've got the team to do it. OPQS and Sky should really be bringing it back. Eisel vs Sagan vs Vandenbergh in a sprint, hmmmm wonder who would win that.

Cancellara packed earlier
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    I'm glad Amador has pulled his arm warmers back up, I was getting worried he was going to catch his death.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    An interesting note about tv broadcasts: On American broadcasts they show what teams the riders are on when they list the members of the break, on Belgian, French and Italian broadcasts they just list the nationality.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    rozzer32 wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

Cancellara packed earlier

Oh cheers, must have missed that.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • dave milne
    cav, pippo helping with the chase
  • If that OPQS rider in the front group gets caught on camera going to the front he's sacked.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Rundfahrt
    Where is Hushovd?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    there just going to leave it to Sagan to do all/most the work again.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Where is Hushovd?

In the chase group with Cav.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    An interesting note about tv broadcasts: On American broadcasts they show what teams the riders are on when they list the members of the break, on Belgian, French and Italian broadcasts they just list the nationality.

Interesting. Always wished they would show the teams not the nationalities. Guess it matters to them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Woooaaahhh SPOILER ALERT SPORZA BOYS!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Interesting. Always wished they would show the teams not the nationalities. Guess it matters to them.

Yep, it bugs the heck out of me, especially during the earlier races when I am still getting used to new riders and guys on new teams.
  • above_the_cows
    edited March 2013
    Haussler really has spindly legs.

So far this front group has not seen Amador, Vandenbergh or Eisel on the front.

Ha ha Amador getting a telling off. He and Flecha exchange some choice words in Spanish. He really has an ugly riding style.
  • dave milne
    gap going out, katusha, lotto on the front in the peleton
  • Sagan asks rest of group to come through, rest of group politely decline until Haussler takes it up again.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ^^^Gap not shifting though....
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    OK Europcar rider has war paint on his face, they're not glasses.
  • dave milne
    1:28 with 32k to go, in the balance
  • Rundfahrt
    The Blanco rider in the peloton looks like he is wearing a white skateboard helmet with black tape on it.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Eisel taking a turn. Why?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • ddraver
    Tell you what Ypres looks pretty nice...
    - @ddraver
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I wouldnt join any team that made me wear white leggings-so bad.Got a mate who stays that colour all summer-we call him Dulux.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Bike race under the Menin Gate?

Nice touch.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver wrote:
    Tell you what Ypres looks pretty nice...

I remember it being lovely, but I haven't been back since getting busted buying beer on a school trip there. :lol:

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Eisel taking a turn. Why?

I'd say Eisel vs Sagan, Bozic etc in a small group is a better bet than bunch sprint with EBH or Sutton vs Sagan, Cav, Greipel