The Crudders 2013 Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Red Bull could have a problem on their hands if it's rain all race. They blew through a lot of wet tyres in Quali and the car is known for heavy tyre degradation.

My predictions:

Both Mercedes will finish in the top 5.
    Felipe Massa will lose out on a podium finish.
    Fernando Alonso will slip into P1 before the end of the first lap.
    There will be at least 10 laps under the safety car across the whole race, but not necessarily in one go.

What are everyone elses predictions? We will see whose come true ;)
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Predicting a winner is going to be very very hard. It all depends on if it rains or not. If its dry, the drivers from P11 downwards lose the advantage of having fresh rubber, cause the top 10 all finished on inters, so they will also have fresh rubber if it is dry.

If it is wet, I think raikkonen will be in with a shout again. And dont forget Grosjean, just 1 place behind kimi. Massa looks to be in top form too. Possibly even Rosberg, the merc looks strong this year, it was smashing it during testing and is reasonably fast all round so far.

To be honest, its anybodies race. Everyone seems to be on pretty much equal terms. And we havent really seen all the cars true race pace yet since they all would have made significant set up changes, for example red bull and mclaren would have done so because they werent as competitive as they would have liked to have been in melbourne...its gonna be one really interesting race!!! cant wait! Early 7:00 breakfast for me tomorrow morning, then straight onto the live stream. Its gonna be a smashing race. And that is my predection! :D
  • gt-arrowhead
    When i say everyone, what i actually meant was merc, ferrari, mclaren, lotus and redbull. :D
  • bennett_346
    And dont forget Grosjean, just 1 place behind kimi.
    Only because Kimi received a 3 place penalty for blocking Rosberg, and Grosjean has a different car to Kimi with cheaper components onboard.
  • gt-arrowhead
    And dont forget Grosjean, just 1 place behind kimi.
    Only because Kimi received a 3 place penalty for blocking Rosberg, and Grosjean has a different car to Kimi with cheaper components onboard.

Yeap, i know. But he is fast no doubt about it. He out qualified kimi many times last year. With the "cheaper" parts. And i honestly dont see him crashing for a long while either, keep an eye out!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    imagerjtx.jpg

Its looking good this morning :)
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    How did you get that image. F1 isn't even on air yet :O please tell me you aren't there , I'd be so jelly if you were.
  • VTech
    Sorry, I'm here in the rain hoping some of the predictions made above dont come true :)
    It's actually very busy here this year.
    Living MY dream.
  • bennett_346
    Some real friction at the end of this race between team members!
  • gt-arrowhead
    Wow, lucky! :D

And yes, definitely! I was really expecting webber to go mental at seb haha.

Very frustrating race from my point of view, since i am a Raikkonen fan and a Red Bull hater! I like webber though, would have much preferred him to win. Things werent really going to plan for Raikkonen this weekend. It would have been a very different story for him if he didnt have that 3 place grid penalty :( He was stuck behind Perez for half the race.
  • bennett_346
    Odds of Webber strangling Seb in the press conference?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Hamilton, Rosberg and Mercedes showed to handle team-mates today, Vettel is in for some serious stick for that, not on at all. What little respect he had left imo has now gone out of the window. Frankly I hope he pays the price and I still thoroughly believe he is where he is because of no one but Adrian Newey and the cars he designs, put him in the same car as Alonso or Hamilton and they would walk all over him... and he'd still spit his dummy out.
  • gt-arrowhead
    I have a feeling that Alonso will be penalised for not pitting in with that front wing issue on the first lap. That could have ended ALOT worse than it did. Theres no excuse for that really. He probably saw it. If not, he most certainly would have heard it and felt it. Even still, he would have been informed from the pit wall.

I didnt see any reason for him to stay out...he wouldnt have gained ANY advantage by doing another full lap at the start of a race getting overtaken like crazy. If he pitted in when he should have done he could have at least got a few points. Silly `Nando. D:
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Wait until Webber hears the "Get Mark out of my way he's too slow" quote from Vettel mid race!
  • lawman
    Alonso won't be penalized for his incident, such is racing and contact is bound to happen.
  • gt-arrowhead
    But he carried on knowing that his car was very unsafe to drive, and he had the opportunity to pit but didnt.
  • lawman
    Irreverent, the stewards didn't flag him to pit because they thought it was dangerous so he is in every right to carry on.
  • VTech
    Just to make it clear, there is NO way Alonso would ever have carried on if he really knew the car was dangerous, his life is more important to him than points. You cant see the wind from the drivers seat, the view you get on TV is 13.8" above the drivers view and doesnt relate to his vision field.
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Would have been a different story if he clipped the rear of webber, im sure :D
  • VTech
    Would have been a different story if he clipped the rear of webber, im sure :D

He would have then needed a poke in the eye :mrgreen:
    Sky Sports must be rubbing their hands after today. I can see subscriptions increasing after tomorrows newspapers are out.
    Living MY dream.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    german racing driver in arrogant knobhead shocker.
  • VTech
    EH_Rob wrote:
    german racing driver in arrogant knobhead shocker.

History remembers winners, there is no place for the weak minded in sporting history.

Now im not sure what I just wrote is right or wrong in terms of moral dilemma but it is factual. Mark is a personal friend of mine so take of that what you will but look at the Schumacher years and people will forget how someone got to where they got, they just remember the victorious.
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    VTech does have a point. I believe Senna rammed his team mate off around the first corner so he could win the championship, since his team mate was the only person that could beat him in that race. (i dont know if this is true or not) If it is, its certainly made no difference, Senna is hailed as an all time F1 Legend! And there is nothing legend like in doing that. (again, dont know if its true or not)
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    im not criticising him for doing it, i just fail to understand why anyone would be surprised he did it.
  • VTech
    Your all right and I also believe senna did what he needed to do to win the championship.
    Im not allowed to comment directly on work issues but racing incidents will happen when its a close call and a lot is at stake :)
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    VTech wrote:
    Your all right and I also believe senna did what he needed to do to win the championship.
    Im not allowed to comment directly on work issues but racing incidents will happen when its a close call and a lot is at stake :)

What do you work as Vtech? My best guess is Honda. (Honda VTEC) :lol:

And at the end of the day, it is always a good thing to watch when people get wheel to wheel and bang eachother off the track :D Apart from if it were to happen to Raikkonen...id flip out if it happened to Raikkonen :lol:
  • VTech
    I am kind of freelance but work for RBF1 (Red Bull) mainly software devision, I write engine code.
    I think Kimi has done extremely well this year, he is an outstanding driver and makes the very best of his tools.
    There are a lot of very capable drivers out there at the moment with many fighting for teams, you would be amazed at how many tests are carried out with rookies within 2 tenths of confirmed pilots. They all know that places are there for "the now" but nothing is guaranteed for tomorrow.
    Living MY dream.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Team rules were daft, Vettel was faster, deserved to win.
  • VTech
    supersonic wrote:
    Team rules were daft, Vettel was faster, deserved to win.

That isnt quite correct, Mark was quicker, he was asked to turn engine down, slowing the car as there was no fight to be had.
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Bloooooooooooooooooooody hell you have one of the coolest jobs in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

Im surprised the rookies can get that close to the confirmed drivers!
    I think kimi was all in all unfortunate last week though, his car didnt seem to enjoy going round that track too much. Especially at the start where you could hear and see him trying to keep the car straight on the exit of the corners on the onboard camera. He was stuck behind perez for quite a while. If he didnt have that 3 place penalty then i reckon he would have had both the mercedes cars, if not, certainly hamilton. Because he had that fuel issue towards the end. But everyone has their bad days/races i guess. Hope Kimi gets further up next race :D 20 odd days away from that though :(

So im guessing you must be getting some really serious pay from RB?