Final choice

frederixx
frederixx Posts: 14
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Here we go...

I'm down to these 3 bikes and want to buy one this weekend. I know they're all good bikes but unfortunately, i can't try any of them.

Scott Foil 20 2013

Focus Izalco pro 3.0 2013

Wilier Gran Turismo 2013

All for the same price.

They all seem to be a good fit for me so i don't think it's a major issue.

Comments

• Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Was looking at the Scott Foil in the lbs yesterday, awesome! The owner and his team race the Scott, obviously he rates them very highly, as do most reviewers.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Fuuu.png
  • Fuuu.png

Helpful.

I'd go Wilier GT simply because it looks stunning.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • smoggysteve
    Helpful.

I'd go Wilier GT simply because it looks stunning

And telling someone to choose a bike based on the fact that YOU like it and own one is I suppose??

If someone is going to go and spend a small fortune on a bike and not even sit on one before they buy it based on looks then why not toss a friggin coin to decide?
  • Helpful.

I'd go Wilier GT simply because it looks stunning

And telling someone to choose a bike based on the fact that YOU like it and own one is I suppose??

If someone is going to go and spend a small fortune on a bike and not even sit on one before they buy it based on looks then why not toss a friggin coin to decide?

It may be a small fortune to you, however it may not to him. So dropping whatever it costs on a bike may be no big deal. It might be like buying a sunday paper for him. Therefore he's asking which one based on whatever logic you care to choose.

So yes a toss of the coin is indeed possible, but the fact "I" like one has slightly more relavence. Slightly. Definetly more relavence that a pointless graphic.

So to answer your question, Yes!

Good day.
  • smoggysteve
    No mention of groupset choice, what kind of riding he is going to do, He doesn't even mention what colour they are. How is anyone meant to make a constructive argument for or against any of the 3 he mentions?
  • smoggysteve
    And if buying a bike was like buying a paper, why would you bother asking a forums opinion? Why not just buy all 3 for Sh1ts and giggles? Stupid point you try to make. you say buy the Wilier, someone else says the Foil. So who helps? maybe the other guy cos he got their first maybe? Or should it be you cos you got a Wilier too so you can brag you helped him choose a bike he didnt even take out for a ride before you made him come to his decision.

Would anyone buy a car this way? or a house? I doubt it, so why buy a bike this way if you are really serious about riding to the point to come here and ask others opinion?
  • No mention of groupset choice, what kind of riding he is going to do, He doesn't even mention what colour they are. How is anyone meant to make a constructive argument for or against any of the 3 he mentions?

Using your logic, what has that got to do with his choice?

Cause he HAS to ride it. Right?

I'm not saying I disagree with you. What I am saying is he was after an opinion, he got one.

Anyway, we digress, sorry for ruining a thread.

Still love this tho viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12912297
  • Oh FFS!

I'm going to brag I helped someone I don't know buy a bike?

C'mon!!

I'm off to kick the dog. Just for sh/ts and giggles. As one does.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    No mention of groupset choice, what kind of riding he is going to do, He doesn't even mention what colour they are. How is anyone meant to make a constructive argument for or against any of the 3 he mentions?

Scott and Wilier are Ultegra and the Focus is Force. Colour is arbitrary.

I don't think I need to vote as my position is pretty clear, but what I would say is go for the one you like the most.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • frederixx
    frederixx Posts: 14
    From what i could read, Foil 20 has the best wheels and i wouldn't need to upgrade them right away (unlike the other 2 bikes). I can't find much info on the Syncros 2.0 and don't know to which other wheels i can compare them