warm saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
That might be a lie.... loads of snow here last night.

Hopefully won't affect drinks for the current wifes birthday later. Meeting a group of friends at a cocktail bar in Shrewsbury, with mother in law coming over at 2pm - so visit to the hotel nice and early with bubbles ordered for the room :)

Before then going to watch the qualifying whilst on the rollers to try and meet this weeks 100 mile target as 40 miles short due to work :( Got a tutorial too so going to have an upset load of kids as all this means no time for sledging.

Comments

• Hurrah qualifying is happening!

Out to a matinee at the BFI later, was hoping the front tyre for the 456 would turn up so I can finish building it. No luck so far.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    T for Town, which is m'eh, but brekkers is at carluccios which will have slightly posh pig meats so its worth it!

Laters you bumders!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Well the snow has left me stranded in welshland for the time being, snow across the border in englishland is apparently horrific so the 'rents can't make the journey over to pick me and all my stuff up, and my food rations well and truly ran out yesterday... Fortunately Aber seems to be immune to such enormous dumpings of snow so all is not lost, heck its nice enough I might even go for a ride later... or I'll think screw that and play Xbox all day... knowing me it'll probably be the latter!

Anyways I need to replenish my food supplies, having not eaten since lunchtime yesterday I'm rather hungry!!

Laters!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Morning Pervs & Slappers,

Good day yesterday, got well and truly trolleyed at my old boss' retirement lunch that lasted over 5 hours. Plus some nice posh food to boot - these 'tasting menus' are a cracking idea if you like liquid lunches.

I'm suffering a bit now but as its still snowing here not much bike fun to be had anyway. An easy day will be had today, with a trip to our local alsatian palace for some chinese with a couple of mates tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Well today has been interesting, the roof of the house is leaking bucketloads and had a phonecall this morning to tell me my 96 year old nan was on the floor and not responding to people knocking the window, fortunately she had just slid off the settee and couldnt get back up, but as it was the district nnurse found her it means shes finally going to be referred for a carer despite her protests.

In other news off to Stansted in an couple of hours ready to fly out to Malta firt thing tommorrow morning

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    My sister got stuck at Stansted last night for hours trying to get a flight out to Copenhagen for a wedding today. From the phonecall I got last night it sounds like the airport bar got well used by them. They will probably continue in much the same vein today as it sounds like Danish weddings have a lot of speeches and toasts.

Day of procrastinating today. Grandma wants to go to her friends birthday party tonight but no one wants to take her so do I earn will points driving her around for the evening or spend the evening doing the ton of work I have to do this weekend (one of the bad points of being the busiest person in the office)? Off shopping in Cardiff in a bit with one of the girls. Us single girls have to stick together since all our other mates are horrifically loved up.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning,

No snow and for the first time in ages im in real positive cash! gave up the bad habbits a year ago, cleared 2k of debt and feeling good.

So now i'm planning on how to blow it on bike stuff :)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon losers!

Not much snow here in Bury, I think the Pennines are protecting us. From the pictures and status's on facebook, Huddersfield has been claimed by snow and the ice age has begun there. Driving home tomorrow will be interesting, but as long as my fridge freezer arrives on Monday, I don't care.

Waylander, if you're cleared of debt, can you give me some money, as shifting my debts is taking too long. Cheers! :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    hmmm let me think.... hmmmm hmmmm hmmm

No sadly its mostly gonna disappear fixing where some turn has keyed and knifed my car's paint work.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    ok so it's not morning, the day consisted of giving the bike a clean, and attempting to adjust the gears... watched a docufilm based on 2 LA Cops.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!