Vitus Zircon v's Radon ZR Race 29er 6.0 SRAM

dgti
dgti Posts: 21
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi there people :D I've done loads of reading looking for a new bike, made my mind up a 1000 times then read a bit more then back to square one.... confused.com :cry: . I was set to get a:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1275/ ... -sram.html

which was going to have to be a credit card jobby until I found this from CRC. I could do the Cycle to work scheme which would bring the cost down a bit more.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=81010

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=81009

100mm or 120mm and would the saving be a better choice over the Radon??

Thank you for you patience

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Radon has the better fork, better drivetrain and better components, looks like a simple decision to me!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dgti
    thanks for your reply, that's why It was my first choice, but getting a bike through CTW with it's savings do the other bikes look a good alternative??

Cheers Dean
  • The Rookie
    What saving will you make after paying FMV or an extended lease after the first year?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dgti
    On my tax band the bike should be a 40% saving then you've got the £80 retaining fee.
  • The Rookie
    Not sure what you mean by retaining fee?
  • dgti
    There's a fee at the end of the first year to keep the bike.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I'm tempted by the vitus 29er, from my research I would say it's one of the best specified 29ers for the money if you aren't able to go to canyon, bike discount etc.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • dgti
    That's what I was thinking.....
  • The Rookie
    Hmm, that 'retaining fee' is blatant tax evasion.........word of caution for you, by next year I can forsee HMRC clamping down on such measures that avoid the tax liability if FMV isn't paid.

But yes I would say that for a saving of circa £240 the vitus is better VFM.
  • Hmm, that 'retaining fee' is blatant tax evasion.........word of caution for you, by next year I can forsee HMRC clamping down on such measures that avoid the tax liability if FMV isn't paid.

What makes you think that? I've seen a couple of posts from you that are quite negative about cycleschemes, is there a reason?
    Trek Domane 4.3. Merida One.forty 7.700. Merida CX 3. Voodoo Bizango
    "When the vulture flies sideways the moon has hair on his upper lip"
  • dgti
    Hmm, that 'retaining fee' is blatant tax evasion.........word of caution for you, by next year I can forsee HMRC clamping down on such measures that avoid the tax liability if FMV isn't paid.

What makes you think that? I've seen a couple of posts from you that are quite negative about cycleschemes, is there a reason?

Thank you for your replies but I was think the same thing as "friedpizzainbatter"