Snowy Friday Morning...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Today, I'm off work woooo, looked outside and we've 2inches of snow already! This is not good, as I'm awaiting the arrival of my fridge freezer and washing machine! I needz them!

My shiny new Nexus 4 arrived yesterday. Turns out moving from one contract to another, when staying with Orange isn't that simple. I now have a pay-as-you-go Sim card on the way, so that I can move the number to that, then move the number from that to the Nexus :Roll: Fail.

Anywho's, I have internets now, so I'm going for a walk.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Fryday.

Baconz.

Win.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

Friday woop, free food for lunch woop.

rain like it means it not woop.

PS nexus 4 is awesome win love mine.

Laters ladies
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Had to turn back on the way to work because of the snow :(

Now working from my office upstairs with the Internet constantly dropping out, but the bonus of a bacon sandwich!
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Morning all,
    Friday means horrid day and weekend at work specially with the snow coming, joys of working in a supermarket -.- really need to shift abit of weight and get back to my goal of the RAF and get free, atleast its payday and a bonus for the last year, so lots of monies to play with :D hmmmm that Cotic Soul frame is very very appealing right now :lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmmm.
    Long drive coming up.

thankfully I still have the winter tyres on.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another Friday rolls around and I'm in a good mood again. I think cake making minion may be adding herbal things to my morning tea.

Anyway, annual medical this morning passed with flying colours. Quite kindly the OH nurse put my slight weight gain down to added muscle mass. :? Nothing to do with all the beer and pizza then. :)

Weekend plans are still not set due to the weather. I think Sunday's ride round Coniston / Grizedale is a no goer so may have to play tennis instead.

More tea required.

Later......
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all

Got today off, plan is to build some more trail here then get the megabus to Leeds in the evening, hopefully the snow won't disturb that!
    laters
  • thekickingmule
    Morning all

Got today off, plan is to build some more trail here then get the megabus to Leeds in the evening, hopefully the snow won't disturb that!
    laters
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Due to the delays on the M62 at the moment, I can almost guarantee that by this evening, chaos and hell will have descended upon Leeds and its surrounding areas. Good luck with that, take sandwiches!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    Morning all

laters
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Due to the delays on the M62 at the moment, I can almost guarantee that by this evening, chaos and hell will have descended upon Leeds and its surrounding areas. Good luck with that, take sandwiches!

ah man.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    nicklouse wrote:
    Long

thats like my obvious.

Hello cunts.

not much planned for the day, might go to the bar at work and have a few stretchers in preparation for a day on the necessary tomorrow in londinium.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    has anyone got any idea of the weather and road conditions Dover to Cardiff tonight Midnight to 4am?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nicklouse wrote:
    has anyone got any idea of the weather and road conditions Dover to Cardiff tonight Midnight to 4am?

I'm in Bristol and there's no snow here, none in Cardiff either and I don't think there's any for cast either. Just wind and rain.
  • Thewaylander
    Fricken buckets of rain, but your snow free so no worries in that department mate.

But there are alot of flood warnings on the way so take it steady and you will arrive ok.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    No snow in the diff just Icy winds and rain, I hope theres none too as I've got to drive to Stansted in the morning.

Morning Scuttlers

As my preamble suggests today is my last day for a fortnight before heading off to malteaserland for a week, this hasn't stopped today being ten and a bit hours of shyte mind. Had to get up today to do the weekly shop for manchild and toots as me giving them the shopping budget back to do it themself while were away blew their minds, so instead I have just stocked the freezer up with frozen pizzas and the cupboard with beans and they will be fine.

Yesterday I managed to discover that my unflappable organisational skills actually cracked and that having booked and sold out the go karting element of my mates stag do I had ommitted to leave spaces for the best man (me, obviously that statement spreads far beyond just his wedding too) and the groom. This has now been remedied and we have a larger event instead. I also managed to spy tv celebrity Connie Fisher in M and S at Cardiff central and also, I think the girl who played the dutch housemate in fresh meat.

Right, to work and my daily Coffee#1 coffee
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Got soaked this morning getting to work. I hate rain. I hate wind. I hate cold. I hate wind and rain and cold together even more! My feet are still wet, my tights are only just drying out and I sat on a radiator outside of the office for half an hour this morning trying to dry out enough to sit down.

Someone has bought chocolate cake so had that for breakfast which did make things slightly better.

And decided that in this weather I cannot be bothered to drive home for the weekend to sit indoors and listen to my mother tell me what I am doing wrong with my life and why I don't have a man or babies. Seriously last weekend she told me at my age it was time to seriosuly consider freezing some eggs. Like WTF?
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    how old you 25-26?

And if you really want to shock her tell her you want kids like you want a hole in the head :D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Tell her you're gay.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MissCMC
    I did comment that at my age she had three children and I clearly wasn't that stupid. Went down like a lead balloon.

I'm a little bit older than that!

And I do want kids like I want a hole in the head. I like the kind you can hand back to their parents and walk away from when they start to cry.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Handing children to crying parents is cruel and unnecessary.

No snow in the Cardiff area as mentioned above, but the rain is a bit chilly. I have to drive to Exeter International, yes, International Airport at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning so let's hope the rain has eased a bit by then.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thewaylander
    A rare woman indeed, i thought all women are broody baby factories... or is that just the ones that i meet to scare the crap outta me..

28?

And people had a ruby murry for lunch awesome, love works free lunch nom nom,
  • thekickingmule
    Bloody argos have cancelled my delivery because of the 'adverse weather'. Damn them. They now want to redeliver on Monday. Luckily I'm off next week, but they don't know that. They're refunding my delivery charges, and I may make a complaint, saying I'm missing half a days work because of this. We'll see what happens.

Just got some food in, so it looks like scrambled eggs on toast with beans and sausage. Again.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    how old you
    noidiot.gif
  • MissCMC
    Getting a bit personal. But my younger sister who is getting married is 29.

And you assumed wrong. I'm too selfish to have children. It's not really what I envisage for my future. Hence cats, gin and horses will be my life I imagine. And if I'm lucky will end up with a farm.
  • pesky_jones
    how old you
    noidiot.gif
    haha perfect
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    MissCMC wrote:
    it was time to seriosuly consider freezing some eggs.

Does it make for a better omlette?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Clank wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    it was time to seriosuly consider freezing some eggs.

Does it make for a better omlette?

HAHA geniues
  • Thewaylander
    Young blonde lass at work is wearing the tightest jeans today.. every time she walks past i just hungry :twisted:
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Young blonde lass at work is wearing the tightest jeans today.. every time she walks past i just hungry :twisted:

You really are doing a sterling effort of appearing like a stalker today :wink:

#howtoscarealadyoffveryquickly
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134

#theresonlyonekevinwebster
  • Thewaylander
    Doing my best on gaz's behalf as he was stalked by a lady this week, the disapointment has hit hard :)

Should i get some beer on my way home tonight hmmm.