New Bike advice needed

robwhiten
robwhiten Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Slightly different one here:

Having won a voucher from Mcdonalds for £250 to spend at Raleigh or Cyclelife online, I am wondering which bike would be best to buy to sell on?

I have never owned a Raleigh and is not a brand I would ever personally choose to purchase from so I know very little about what would be best to sell on.

Any suggestions of any bikes I could purchase, or if there is more chance of being able to sell on another piece of equipment what would you recommend if you were to try and sell on?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you have links to the websites?
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2013
    Do you own a bike now?
    Personally I wouldn't bother with the bike. There are a couple of road bikes that have decent reviews, but they are waaaay more than £250.
    If I were you I would use the voucher to buy 4 or 5 schwalbe tyres from the site.
    They are all at RRP, so you could save yourself a tenner or so buying elsewhere, but as its a voucher, you haven't paid for them anyway.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    spent £9 on mc donalds 2 day trying to get one of these all I got was 20% off damm
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    spent £9 on mc donalds 2 day trying to get one of these ALL I got was 20% off damm
    No food at all (not even something they claim is food?).....just the little squares of paper?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    spent £9 on mc donalds 2 day trying to get one of these ALL I got was 20% off damm
    No food at all (not even something they claim is food?).....just the little squares of paper?

to be fair the food was pretty decent lol