Tremendously tired turdsday thread

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin' interweb freaks.

Uni assignments left til the last minute are never a good idea. But it's all done now! :D Just gotta hand the bugger in and then it's easter hols time... well until monday when I'm back in work, oh joy! :lol:

Still could be worse, was offered a summer job in Halfords t'other day by a mate whos manager at the local branch, so if my regular work is a no go I've got a back up, so I'm practically guaranteed monies this summer :D

Anyways, I needs more sleep.

And food.

Food would be good.

Laters

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

It's a bank holiday here today.. no idea why, probably the neo-communist government celebrating some comrade who bombed a busy shopping centre or opened fire on a primary school during the "struggle" era.

So, we're up early in this mountainous area today, fortunately my 3G modem works a charm in the somewhat remote location.
    Today is a day of tourist type stuff, off to visit the usual sightseeing type attractions and hook up with an old biker friend of mine (biker, as in motorcycles)
    It's weird driving here as I used to haul the bikes out here on a trailer and go "scratching" on the asphalt with the R1 or go "sliding" through the forest roads and fire breaks with the enduro bikes.
    For once I am a motorist.. and, yes it's boring.

On the up side, I did stumble across what would appear to be a trail centre not too far from here, perhaps I should have brought the HT and riding gear with, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, so I'll do that net time..

Wishing you all a fandabulous day
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Last night wasn't too bad, so far managed to avoid the painkillers as the gash in my side only hurts when I move unfortuantely I'm unable to drive at the moment, kind of can't move my leg enough which is a nuisance as tomorrow I was supposed to be heading back home to start a placement :roll:

Anyway, this morning will be meh and relaxing, then getting picked up and heading over to my aunt's for a couple of days where I can chill and do sod all. Also, it means free food.

Laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Reprobates of the Crud,
    Been very busy so far this week, Recovering from Sundays enduro where i spent more time on the floor than riding, Exchanged contracts on the new house, solicitors meetings and preping for next weeks work meeting.
    Today is my Friday as have a weekend of riding planned. So if your in Cannock friday, CyB on saturday, Llandegla sunday Say hi :)
    Then back to work Tuesday for potentially my last day at work.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i'm tired today aswell, had a a great nights sleep though :?

not much planned for today, a few jobs to keep me looking busy and then i'm off to ride cwmcarn after work to see what the deal is with all these changes.

laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry bird: sounded nasty yesterday, doesn't sound much better now either. Hope you heal soon.

VW: Hope you get new job sorted soon. Should be at Cannock Saturday, so looks like I'll miss you. Enjoy!

As for me...

Mornin' c***s,

Well, yesterdays [OBSCURRED] turned to rat s**t, as part of my f*****g machine seems to have turned it's toes up. B****r.
    So, today I will be trying to sort said machine, so I can try and carry on doing some proper work. I have a meeting later - but that will mostly be handing someone voer to someone else to deal with.

Starting the new job will be joy.

In the mean time, you people should entertain me with talk of gymnasia and stalking womanz, and baconz. I need talk of baconz.

Onwards! To coffee! And pretending to be a proper enigneer!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    After a good night's sleep and the resident blackbird being quiet this morning I'm in a fairly good mood. I'm not sure how long this will last but, on the plus side, this afternoon's meeting has been cancelled so an early finish could be on the cards.

Cake making minion is back in work so there should be some offerings to be had.

Lots of snow forecast for the weekend so I'm not too sure what the plan is going to be. I'm sure there will be beer involved somewhere along the way. But lets not get ahead of things.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work meh.............. :(
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Last night turned into a bit of a pub crawl in Edinburgh!

Not feeling the love for the flight to Wales but at least the hotel won't kick us out too early! Got it booked as room only so need to sort some pig meat out!

Ps how good are those trouser press things? Might try it with some bread in a bit!!

Au revoir mon petit pois!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Clank wrote:
    Angry bird: sounded nasty yesterday, doesn't sound much better now either. Hope you heal soon.
    Cheers Clank

Anyways, got a mate to collect the bike for me in his van last night, just been checking it over, forks were wobbling a bit but fine now I've tightened up the headset a bit. Reverb remote is a write off it appears, but guess I can just get a spare, front wheel could use a true... but given I rammed the thing into a big metal fence it's come out alright(ish) :lol:
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird wrote:
    but given I rammed the thing into a big metal fence it's come out alright(ish) :lol:

Proper job!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Word up psychopaths...

Van is being fettled today, got a short in the electrics somewhere so hopefully that'll get sorted ready for the NPS at Sherwood this weekend.

I plan to forego start of the weekend beers tonight* in an effort to be fit for sundays race

Bye

*I am easily led, so no doubt this will not happen
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    so far managed to avoid the painkillers as the gash in my side only hurts when I move

:shock: fark sounds nasty!

got to work late tomorrow for reasons that will remain confidential (bloody students) :roll:

on the plus side I've just been delivered a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups by a member of staff who went to a conference in the States :D
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Angry Bird wrote:
    gash

Fnarr. have you not MTFUed yet ;)

Morning Scuttlers

Just had confirmation that the owners of new house are happy with our window of dates to move as previously the estate agent was working on assumption, this means one half step closer to escaping this madhouse. Next step is start shopping for a folding bike for the boot of the car for the cold days

Bags now packed for holidays next week

Gym this morning before work

A brief snapshot of my life today
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Moaning,

Off to work 6 hours early to interview prospective new chief minion, then catchup on everything I have fallen behind with so far this week.

Still not heard back from prospective new job so started looking at jobs abroad. Saw a pretty cool job in Vancouver but not looking to disappear this side of Christmas. Anywhere with mountains will do me.

Later
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Last day at work until after Easter. Missed the delivery of my Nexus 4 by 20 mins :roll: Annoying, as I don't know what time they'll try today, typically earlier so I'll have to wait until Friday.
    Lots to do, so
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work Work Work. Trying to persuade a slave to go to the shop and buy me sweets. I feel the need for sugar. Oh and crisps. Lots of them. And I'm allowed as going to the gym tonight so will work off whatever junk I eat during the day.

Half marathon training plan has commenced. See how long the ankles and knees hold out this year before giving up in a broken/sprained/snapped heap.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon ladies and lady boys,

Free lunch today is chilly enchillada, i love work giving us a free lunch!

the rest of the day is complete itnrastat reports then go home fettle gears and play starcraft 2 cos i'm a geek!

Miss CMC, running is bad mmmkay
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    matthew h wrote:
    Work meh.............. :(
    +1

Only coffee is keeping me going right now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    Running is bad but it also keeps me fit and slim.

Trying to weigh up this weekends options this afternoon:

Work, cleaning, possibly shopping, procrastinating over clearing out the wardrobe v Go home to the parentals, no lie ins as the siblings get me out of bed early, running, riding and farming but get fed for the weekend.
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    Running is bad but it also keeps me fit and slim.

Trying to weigh up this weekends options this afternoon:

Work, cleaning, possibly shopping, procrastinating over clearing out the wardrobe v Go home to the parentals, no lie ins as the siblings get me out of bed early, running, riding and farming but get fed for the weekend.

So does riding a mountain bike :), plus bike riding gives women amazing shape in the butt area.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Running is bad, so bad that I've borrowed a road bike for training instead!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander
    Trashed my knee's and ankles running it's just horrible on roads, the stress it puts on knees is scary!
  • MissCMC
    I run on a treadmill to try and save the joints and to take the pressure off of my poor broken foot.

Hmmm know the mothership has only asked me to go up to do something for her in the long run and she will be expecting me to take the children out on the bikes with me which will mean that I get to tow my little bro along on his trailbar thing behind me. Which means no exciting riding and dealing with a child shouting at me to ride faster.
  • Thewaylander
    Consider it training and give the kid a horse crop...
  • welshkev

some people pay for that kinda thing :lol:
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:

some people pay for that kinda thing :lol:

Hello *waves

Just dont ride me into tesco
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Haha

All becomes clear - Dad has just advised that the mothership has been busy buying paint for decorating the house in prep for the wedding in September. I wondered why they had bought new carpet the other day. Clearly the mothership thinks I will be cheap labour or will distract the youngest siblings enough to allow Dad to do some work. Oh the joys of being the oldest spinster sibling.
  • Thewaylander
    Claim your off for a ride with friends ands its been arranged for weeks, jobs a good un
  • Gazlar
    Or they need the carpet to dispose of the rotting corpse of their new son in law.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    Claim your off for a ride with friends ands its been arranged for weeks, jobs a good un

Are you offering to take miss cmc for a ride?