Where is Jessica Hyde? Utopia

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
Disturbing, brutal, nerdy and visually superb, so far so good?

utopiaweb_2447539b.jpg

Comments

• iPete
    Did this clash with celebrity big brother or something ;)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia/4od#3469591
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    My excuse is that I was watching "Stand Up Guys", which I can recommend. Was Utopia any good?
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Well I am "enjoying" it. Germ conspiracy with a modern, psycho, sadistic twist....made my toes curl with the chile/sand/bleach and spoon combo :shock:
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I've liked it so far. Visually it's excellent and I can't believe the pace they are setting with the story. If it was an American drama I would say we are at about s1e7. Eye watering stuff ;)
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I like it also, but the missus got the hump with it on the first episode cos she didn't understand it!
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    I'm liking it a lot so far. The obvious influences are Misfits and maybe Heroes - but there is a lot of Grant Morrison in there too - Doom Patrol and the Invisibles...

Visually it looks great - I'm loving the use of colour, bright acid colour instead of endless black and orange and teal http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/teal-and-orange-hollywood-please-stop.html
  • iPete
    bunter wrote:
    I'm liking it a lot so far. The obvious influences are Misfits and maybe Heroes - but there is a lot of Grant Morrison in there too - Doom Patrol and the Invisibles...

Visually it looks great - I'm loving the use of colour, bright acid colour instead of endless black and orange and teal http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/teal-and-orange-hollywood-please-stop.html

fuuuuuuu... sake going to notice this everywhere now!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'm not sure what to make of it. The torture scene in the first episode seemed a bit gratuitous to me. And Becky's accent is distracting.

The story is intriguing, the conspiracy is almost believable. But I'm still not really sure why these people are being chased for being a member of a graphic novel's fan forum.
  • iPete
    They may know the location of the 2nd novel that contains all the big nasty secrets The Network needs to hide?

Whilst it isn't perfect, it is the first show on TV since Luther that has made me put my phone and ipad down and that's saying something :lol:

I hate slasher flicks and teen gore p*rn but love the brutality in this, have felt slightly disturbed at the end of both episodes!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    everyone still watching?

I missed the first one but have seen ep 2 and 3 and really enjoying it.
    FCN = 4
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Losing interest in it now if I'm honest, I think it's trying too hard to be cool and the guy in the ill fitting leather jacket that walks round like a zombie just does my head in.
  • iPete
    I'm an episode behind, cba with adverts but e3 was ace, the opening scene with the LOL on the wall, brilliant and brutal yet largely suggestive.

Don't be so harsh on Arb, he's good at one thing, don't expect he'll be taking up zumba or entering open university anytime soon.
  • Burndust
    Burndust Posts: 100
    have to say quite enjoying this...bit of a mind melt at times though
    Boardman CX Team
    Carerra Crossfire 2
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Hopefully I'll get chance to catch-up on this weeks episode later tonight when Mrs cookdn has headed off to bed (not her cup-of-tea).

Series 2 of Black Mirror starts next Monday.
    Boardman CX Team
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    iPete wrote:
    I'm an episode behind, cba with adverts but e3 was ace, the opening scene with the LOL on the wall, brilliant and brutal yet largely suggestive.

Don't be so harsh on Arb, he's good at one thing, don't expect he'll be taking up zumba or entering open university anytime soon.

or, as we discovered this week RB, short for Raisin Boy. Weird or what!
    FCN = 4
  • iPete
    Watched 4/5 last night, keeps on delivering! The re-caps are worth a gander after watching each one... http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... by-episode
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Utopia is really good if you stick with it!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Have seen 4, enjoying them so far.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    edited March 2013
    Where's the party smiley!

Now hopefully Luther will start again soon to plug the gap..
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    iPete wrote:
    Where's the party smiley!

Nope hopefully Luther will start again soon to plug the gap..

Well Game of Thrones and Mad Men start up soon...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    enhancer_newsletter_banner.png

teal anyone?
  • iPete
    coriordan wrote:
    enhancer_newsletter_banner.png

teal anyone?

Aye just read the email too, now everyone can make their home movies look like transporters.. :|
  • iPete
    Enjoyed that flashback episode :!: