MTB Shorts

garethfox
garethfox Posts: 43
edited March 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi guys,

Any anyone recommend a nice pair of shorts for mountain biking,
Not sure on what im looking for in a pair so any tips would be great.

Looking for something not too expensive but not on the cheap side

Thanks
Gareth

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Baggies, liner shorts or both?
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Halfords stuff is reasonable and good quality.
  • stanny_uk
    stanny_uk Posts: 147
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Motorcycl ... 43b0810eb7

mate these are best thing to get copied in china lol.. very good copys of a £70 short.. there super tuff and take all the abuse and crashs i can throw at em
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Tenn do some cheap and decent stuff on Amazon
  • garethfox
    garethfox Posts: 43
    Im after some baggies,
    Some with padding
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Endura Humvees With clickfast liner and a cheap pair of Tenn "breeze" (Lime green) do the job for me
  • How do the Humvee's come up for size.... Big/small etc?

I was 'criticised' by my neighbour yesterday for not having baggies.... "You can't wear your climbing trousers biking! :oops: you need baggies... Where are your baggies?"

In truth, I didn't even know what baggies are until I just googled the humvee shorts - they look good :D
  • p44cmb
    The Humvees come up a little smaller than i imagined they would do. My advice would be to go up a size with them. If you are small go for medium or medium go for large etc.

Contrastingly The Tenn breeze shorts come up absolutely massive for my stick like frame And I sent back the mediums I ordered and swapped them for small and they are still maahoooosive. They are much baggier than the Humvees.

As you will find out there is an art to buying cycling clothing online that normally involves buying 2 of everything and sending back the ones that don't fit. Obviously the trick is to find a local stockist and try stuff on first before buying.
  • echowitch
    echowitch Posts: 196
    3/4 length humvee shorts are great. I have two pairs.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=9356

They are incredibly hard wearing and very comfy. The inner lining pad is super soft, and the front of the shorts features a normal button but the material around it is slightly stretchy so if you are a little bigger round the waist from a full lunch then you won't suffer as a result. The belt is simple but works well.

They have them in Evan's so you can try them on.
  • p44cmb
    Not very scientific but here are my medium 3/4 length Humvees (The Black mud splattered ones) sat on top of my Small 3/4 Tenn Breeze shorts (the green ones) waistband to waistband. You will see that the Breeze shorts are shorter than the Humvees and also the legs are baggier.

Personally out of the 2 I prefer the Hummvees and as mentioned above they are a hard wearing short.

photoJPG_zpscc38de28.jpeg
  • I tried some 3/4 Humvees today. At a 30 inch waist the medium fitted fine but needs more room on the upper leg..... Large methinks.