The Crudders 2013 Formula 1 Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited November 2013 in The Crudcatcher
And they're off!

Yes, at last, the 2013 F1 season is under way

So the Aussie GP practise session makes for interesting debate:

Vettel, followed by Webber, Rosberg, Raikkonen, Grosjean, Alonso, Hamilton, Massa and Sutil make up the top 10

Roll on qualifying tomorrow at early o'clock!

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I too am very excited, was happily deluded that Hamilton and Nico were going to run away with it :wink: but when i saw the redbull pairing at the front i was most P'eed off.

I think it could be a good season and hopefully no one runs away at the front.

Here's to a good season and watching Button whinging
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Raymondavalon
    Qualifying washed out... so up even earlier to catch the quali session which has been moved to early Sunday morning..
  • VWsurfbum
    yep that sucked donkey cock!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Qualifying is good so far!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Sir Chris Hoy has been in our pit box a few times this afternoon. We're nearly off.
    Living MY dream.
  • tlw1
    VTech wrote:
    Sir Chris Hoy has been in our pit box a few times this afternoon.

you dirty pair
  • Raymondavalon
    Cracking race indeed.

WTF Webber? The worst start ever in F1? But kudos to Kimi Raikkonen, a great win and I think Lotus will be a team to be reckoned with.
    My man of the race has to be Adrian Sutil of Force India who after a gap year shows he can still mix it up with the tops teams and even make life difficult when it comes to (trying to) overtake him..

Let's hope the rest of the season is just as entertaining...
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    That GP was pretty much like a race win for Sutil. I really really didnt expect that from him, especially in the Force India. Looks like Force India have made a massive improvement and Sutil is as good as he was, if not better! Leading the race for some time and finishing 6th in that car was fantastic.

And this is why Raikkonen has been my favourite driver ever since 2003 :D That was a class drive again by him, and Lotus have got the car bang on for him too. The tyre strategy was really really good with the 2 stops, and Kimi was the man to pull it off. Looks like Lotus have an amazing car. Hope it stays as reliable as last year though! Go on Kimi!
  • VWsurfbum
    Pretty fecking amazing race!
    In my fantasy F1 team i had
    Kimi,
    Sutil,
    Alonso,
    Hamilton.

Result! I'm now 9th overall in the world!!!! It wont last i'm sure but Hey good way to start the season!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I was very impressed with Force India over the weekend. Those guys have pace! Would be nice to see the scot picked up by one of the "bigger" teams next season.
  • VTech
    I was very impressed with Force India over the weekend. Those guys have pace! Would be nice to see the scot picked up by one of the "bigger" teams next season.

He will be. His contract will not be renewed for force India.
    Living MY dream.
  • bennett_346
    Well there's rumour that Mark Webber may be ready to retire and could be replaced for 2014 (his contract is only a one year contract).
  • VTech
    Well there's rumour that Mark Webber may be ready to retire and could be replaced for 2014 (his contract is only a one year contract).

I couldnt comment on that as I've worked with different drivers quite a lot but at some point things always change over.
    Living MY dream.
  • bennett_346
    Predictions for Malaysia?

Sky weather is showing a 70% chance of rain on sunday, i reckon there'll be up to two safety cars this race.
  • VWsurfbum
    LOL how many laps under safety car?
    I'm glad i'll be watching the race on monday as i'm away this weekend, FF all the way through those dreary laps.

Hamilton to win, But to be followed closely by Alonso and Nico. I think Nico will qualify well but do his usual dropping down the field. A non finisher for Vettel. (one can hope) and just because we havent heard him winge enough, Button to have a DNF
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bennett_346
    When it rains in Kuala Lumpur, it rains! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCk23SfQlY

I'm not sure Hamilton will win but i think unless something goes wrong, he will definately finish on the podium. My money is on Alonso to win this one.
  • VTech
    I fly out in a few hours so ill try and post some pics if you like.
    Living MY dream.
  • VWsurfbum
    VTech wrote:
    of the pit girls obviously :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    VTech wrote:

Would rather have some tickets
  • VTech
    matthew h wrote:
    VTech wrote:

If you can get there I can get you a couple of tickets.
    Living MY dream.
  • tlw1
    VTech wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    VTech wrote:

If you can get there I can get you a couple of tickets.

Does that count for spa? Always wanted to go there! :)
  • VTech
    Due to being so close my allocation is always used with family or friends. Spa is one circuit you MUST go to.
    Living MY dream.
  • bennett_346
    Since i started watching F1 at the grand old age of 3 i've always wanted to see it at either Spa or Monza. Best spectator shows in my opinion.
  • VTech
    When you go, make sure you get general admission tickets as grandstands offer the worst views IMO
    Living MY dream.
  • bennett_346
    How does general admission differ?
  • VTech
    How does general admission differ?

It is the cheapest ticket and you get to sit nearer the action.
    Pick a corner with the longest views either side and sit down there for the best show on earth.
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    If you guys like to read and keep up to date with Formula 1, check this out: http://www.planetf1.com

@bennett: I dont think webber will be retiring soon. He said himself that he doesnt feel like retiring and he feels "young" despite his age. He doesnt however wanna do what Barichello did, go from a top end team and go down the field. Read these two articles on planet F1:

http://planetf1.com/driver/3486/8562496 ... -step-down

http://planetf1.com/driver/3486/8560870 ... -seat-safe
  • bennett_346
    That looks like a great site, thanks!
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Has been good so far with some really good drives all through the field, especially from some of the new guys like Bianchi. Sutil had a really strong race as well, he is a bit of a tool but you have to give him credit for that performance. Always good to see herr Vettel going backwards :twisted: and a superb win for Kimi.

Good chance of rain for tomorrow which should spice things up nicely, come on Lewis......hell anybody except Vettel would be good in my book.