tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Spent the w.end mostly working - so double meh today :(

Holiday in a couple of weeks is needed!

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Weekend's over - get back to work, Window lickers!

Onwards! To bacons! And technical stuff far to complicated for even me to understand this early in the week! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning freaks,

off to wales in a bit, then scotchland tomorrow to look at sick war planes! travel tastic!

hope next friday hurrys up and gets here coz i like weekends!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

A weekend of win and a week of win as I am on leave..

Yesterday we went to a private zoo and got to handle leopard cubs, white lion cubs and a Serval kitten.
    The leopards were feisty, they growl a lot, the lion cubs were lethargic and not too playful at all...
    Of all the above, she Serval cat rocked the most, at 10 weeks old, bigger than a domestic cat but so playful and an amazingly soft pelt. No wonder the Chinese are hunting these to extinction for their coats.
    We also got to handle some birds of prey too as well as some large parakeets and parrots.
    All in, a good day out..

So today I will plan my three day trip to the northern / rain forest part of the country, we leave on Wednesday and return on Saturday. No idea where we'll go or what we'll do, but some of the best adventures start off by just driving somewhere..

Wishing you all a frost free day and week ahead :¬)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Does the work never end? Working at 1 but before that I have to drive up to Tonteg to deal with estate agents and throw large amounts of money at him so he can check that I have the job that my payslips clearly prove I have so I can have a house.

But before that I need to ring my trade union, ASLEF to find out why they contacted me last year to tell me I wasnt paying my subs, to find out yesterday as I checked my bank accounts and payslips to find that I have for the last year been paying them twice.

Anyway, a little window into the life of Gazlar there, oh and manchild replacement turned up last night begging for a second chance with Mrs G's sister after being exposed as a playa and it looks like the stupid bint has fell for it, fortunatelly for him I was in absentio and havent seen him, but when I do, the normally laid back and jovial Gazlar will be telling him what a groinwand he is and how nobody likes him or his alter ego.

so if the good lord spares us and the creeks dont rise I shall report back to you tommorrow

Now get out
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    The weekend disappeared all too quickly for my liking and before I know what is happening here I am once again back in work.

No biking over the weekend as the over enthusiastic consumption of beer put paid to that. I did manage to fit in a couple of hours of tennis between watching rugby and F1.

More meetings today but these ones are generally a lot better than most.

Later......
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    Today I am back to work after a week off, that is after I've played the piano/organ thing at my Uncle's funeral. This'll be a fun day. After work, I'm off to collect my HiFi that I left at the old house, then off to Judo.

Can't complain really, I'm off for another week as of Friday, so only a 3.5 days week :D

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning farts, got a rant to start this morning so apologies in advance, need to let off the steam somewhere, I'd ignore the next bit if I were you

2 arguement with superbitch already this morning:
    a) for telling me what I can or can't do in my house, in this instance my fettling with the bike was getting in her way.
    b) for her taking half an hour in the bathroom. We have 2 bathrooms, as a general rule one for the guys, one for the girls, she decided she wanted to use the guys this morning for some random reason. Resulted in me, housemate and OHNB (other housmate's nice boyfriend) waiting around for her to finish. We would have used the other but all our towels, razors etc. were stuck in there with her... this is made even more annoying as it's only her who tends to use the girls bathroom in the morning anyway so it was empty the whole time :roll:

She's fucked off back to her own house now thankfully as everyone is pissed off with her.

Anyway, back to normality. It's Monday so today is uni meh followed by revisioning. Maybe bikes this evening, we'll have to see.

TTFN
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Bumders,

Today i am back in work lose.

But Cwm Down are goign to the FC today about the changes at cwm as there has been a fair amount of negative interest in them, this at least is a postive to it.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning Bumders,

But Cwm Down are goign to the FC today about the changes at cwm as there has been a fair amount of negative interest in them, this at least is a postive to it.

Saw that on facebook, and the changes... look shocking, what the fuck were they thinking?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs

Week 3 off work starts today. Still can't do feck all, even doing normal stuff made me tired yesterday. Fell asleep at 8.30.

I am soooooooo bored.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning Bumders,

Saw that on facebook, and the changes... look shocking, what the fark were they thinking?

That mountain bikers are really roadies who want to ride through the woods :s who can say. But people are pissed off so glad my house mate and i started the complaints rolling and fingers crossed we can save whats left, and try to put tto rights whats ruined.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning Bumders,

Saw that on facebook, and the changes... look shocking, what the fark were they thinking?

That mountain bikers are really roadies who want to ride through the woods :s who can say. But people are pissed off so glad my house mate and i started the complaints rolling and fingers crossed we can save whats left, and try to put tto rights whats ruined.

i saw cwmdown had asked for people opinions, but it wasn't your message they shared, it was a guy replying to you :lol:
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Finally scored a job!! WIN

back to work tomorrow :mrgreen: unemployment is a sucky thing....

maybe get to buy some new bike bits soon
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Well done with the job!
  • Thewaylander
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning Bumders,

thats my house mate lol, :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    well that was interesting, ASLEF have agreed to refund me when I send payslips in supporting my claim, which I have, and the refund they owe me is almost identical to what ive had to pay the estate agent today, so the lord giveth with one hand etc etc
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    So the man (sorry juvenile coward) I was seeing finally decided to text (coward) Friday night to tell me he wasn't ready for a relationship and he was really sorry but it wasn't working out for him blah blah blah. Personally I believe he needs to grow a pair, texting that at the age of 32. He needs a big dose of MTFU. What did he think a 9 stone girl was going to do to him if he had done it face to face? His loss blah blah blah. So back to the fun single life, joining up with my partners in crime again to cause havoc around Cardiff again. Cold hearted me is back in work - the girls have already noticed a distinct change in demeanour.

In order to keep myself busy looking at some sporting events to keep active, running on the glass ankles that like to break everytime I start to train for something.

Otherwise enjoyed the rugby on Saturday, wound up my sister's fiance about it all day. Farming Sunday was good. Have 5 baby lambs living in my Grandma's kitchen as they don't have mummies. And had to tackle a sheep that tried to jump over me into a different pen so now all bruised down my right arm and side. But it's fun and busy. Thankfully only have about 40 left to lamb as 70 decided to drop theirs this week.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Go cycling sign up to some enduro events and cover the miles.

Done.
  • MissCMC
    Good point well made. I may do that as well as other things. Time to keep busy now. Although work is managing to do that with my file load over 200 now. Just in time to keep me occupied.
  • Thewaylander
    And oh yeh join in on the cwm Carn protests :)
  • MissCMC
    I'll have a look. Not that I have ever ridden there. Too much of a wimp to do downhill.
  • Thewaylander
    There is an XC trail so you have no excuse, get on it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    MissCMC wrote:
    So back to the fun single life,
    Hang on, a woman announces on the CC that she's single again and nobody asks for pics, makes pervy comments or hits on her? What's going wrong? :) Like I've said before, time to post some pics of yourself...

Got lots of free coffee supped today in the office, did loads of work and managed a good bit of subtle letching at the hot legal assistant who has a surprisingly good rack for such a slim burd :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]