Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
I've been offered a cento one ( not sr ) with ultegra di2. I've had my eye on an aeroad with same ultegra di2. Has anyone ridden both? Any ideas on the difference? I was set on the canyon but saw one last week and was not that impressed with the finish on it? For the money would have thought better. I had a wilier and loved the ride. Got an addict RC at the mo with dura ace di2 but just fancy a change. Really stuck now what to go for. Want to stick with ultegra di2 as its no different from my dura ace di2 just cheaper to maintain with spares all the time.
Any thoughts? Liking the cervelo s5 too but seeing as its not populate here I will whisper that. Some great 2012 offers about at the mo and am itching to push the button on something? So undecided. I will keep the addict for the moment n need to pass it for winter duties as its too nice and here in Mallorca if it rains I tend not to go out as it don't ritual often so don't need a winter bike as such.

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    The Cento Uno is a modern classic. While I'm in no doubt that the Aeroad is a quality ride the Wilier is an epic bike. I thought about moving on from mine last Autumn but had a 'what the fuxk are you thinking about?' moment and now I know I could never part with it. It's an incredible frame.
  • mallorcajeff
    Much as. I thought. Mmmmmmm decisions.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    The Cento Uno is a modern classic. While I'm in no doubt that the Aeroad is a quality ride the Wilier is an epic bike. I thought about moving on from mine last Autumn but had a 'what the fuxk are you thinking about?' moment and now I know I could never part with it. It's an incredible frame.
    just got back on my original Cento after two months - it is so silky smooth and comfortable - you could ride it all day,, and its still a race frame ! to the OP - why are you even thinking about this decision?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • mallorcajeff
    No need to think they just sold the only large they had. Should have bought the willies.
    Thanks guys missed out:-(
  • No need to think they just sold the only large they had. Should have bought the willies.
    Thanks guys missed out:-(

One just sold on eBay from a reputable bike shop for less that £2.2k
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Do you go to Tenerife at all? Tony at Bici Sports in Los Cristianos can get you a Large. With Di2 it's €2995.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    The cento Uno is indeed an epic ride. The definite ride all day bike, lovely frames imo ...
  • hubert222
    hubert222 Posts: 12
    Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
    I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    hubert222 wrote:
    Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
    I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!

So you've not actually ridden the Canyon for a long period yet, you've just bought one?
  • hubert222
    hubert222 wrote:

So you've not actually ridden the Canyon for a long period yet, you've just bought one?

Yes, it will arrived coming TUE. But i m have confident on canyon service ( according to their emails )
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    hubert222 wrote:

meh

The distributors (ATB) virtually sent me the whole odds and ends kit out to help me convert mine from Di2 to cabled system and were always on hand to answer every question and query.

Also, the ride is sublime and the quality of the carbon is as good as it gets. Stuff like the above, statements made with no evidence and no reasons to support, is just blather.

I have no idea what a centro is.
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    I was set on the canyon but saw one last week and was not that impressed with the finish on it?

Jeff - can you elaborate on this abit more please. What exactly was the problem with the finish ????

Steve
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • hubert222
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 551&type=3

Yes, wilier is very nice , stiff , comfortable and Quality bike. Have a nice day.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    hubert222 wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1896550487431.209382.1051651551&type=3

Yes, wilier is very nice , stiff , comfortable and Quality bike. Have a nice day.
    god, what a troll ...