Super sport saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
A day of great sport, starting with the F1 which is delayed due to rain currently!

Looking forward to rugby later, got a horrible feeling the england team may manage to get defeat from the jaws of victory.

In real life, I'm cycling as soon as the GP is over, with a decent 50-60 mile which will see me pee this weeks 100 mile target as I've already done 88 miles on the rollers. Later is dinner at some friends - got a feeling it might be a druken night.

Comments

• matthew h wrote:
    Looking forward to rugby later, got a horrible feeling the england team may manage to get defeat from the jaws of victory.

If their performance against Italy is anything to go by its a virtual certainty!

Going to heli tape my new (to me) 456c frame before the rugby starts if I've got enough left over from the Mojo
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning, woken up with a cold and a hangover. Which, considering I only had 3 pints last night, firmly puts me in nancy boy lightweight territory.

Currently mulling whether to strip a bash guard off my old bike and convert the trance to 2x10, apart from that there are children to be taken to parties, dogs to walk, cars to wash and shopping to be done. So I don't expect the day to be mine until 5 when the rugby starts.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Qualifying delayed until midnight, I'd go back to bed but I've already had pint of coffee. Time to wake up the other half I guess :twisted:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Qualifying delayed until midnight, I'd go back to bed but I've already had pint of coffee. Time to wake up the other half I guess :twisted:

Bunch of nannies - I would have raced
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs
    Feel fat and lazy. All this talk of bikes means I need to shove the PX on the rollers and do a few k's otherwise I'll never manage all the 100 milers that start in a month.
    Looking forward to avoiding the egg chasers this afternoon.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Got up for the f1 gutted......
    Wales for the win but by 8points mmmmm
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    i am alive but broken! spicey and coke always seems a great idea at the time!

off out to watch rugby and have a few more recovery beers!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    Woke up, showered and changed and came downstairs to find my Uncle Colin sat in the living room. Bit of a shock as he lives in the south of France! He's over as it's my other uncle's funeral on Monday, so not the nicest reason, but it's always good to see him.
    Today, I'm rehearsing for a concert I'm performing in this evening. Fun fun fun!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Afternoon Spazwangles,

It's a shyte day here in suburbia so I have been doing jobs, getting hair cut and supping coffee as usual. Got a bit of Dad's Taxi service to do this afternoon, then I think it's time to catch up on some sport with a glass of something alcoholic later on. Shoulder still not pain free so am going bit cold turkey on bikes just now!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    matthew h wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

is all i have to say :wink: