Need some pointers!

facebook
facebook Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Hey so i started riding heavy last year i picked up a trek 2100 and been riding that has the 105s with shimano a600s i love it got about 1400 miles on it last year. i also picked up a trek 1000 sl but i dont no much abuot that bike so if i could get some facts and tips with the trek 1000 sl id appreciate it!! thanks

Comments

• RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Trek website...look in the Archives Section. Should find all you need to know.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • MattyyP
    MattyyP Posts: 142
    RDB66 wrote:
    Trek website...look in the Archives Section. Should find all you need to know.

+1

We aren't personal researchers :P
    Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
    B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
    B'Twin Rockrider 9.1
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Pointer #1 - do not write in colour, it is hard to read.

Pointer #2 - I, is only ever written as a capital letter.

Pointer #3 - It is best to do research before buying the product. You might find it's rubbish and now you already have it.

Pointer #4 - Expect answers to be directly proportionate the the level of the question.

Pointer #5 - Don't be so silly again.

:-)

PS: Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, but only after checking the search function to make sure you are not asking a repeat question. (e.g What wheels, Is my average seed OK, Anything about Mavic). :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You're lucky nobody has done the 'Let me Google that for you' yet.
  • smidsy wrote:

Pointer #3 - It is best to do research before buying the product. You might find it's rubbish and now you already have it.

Pointer #4 - Expect answers to be directly proportionate the the level of the question.

PS: Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, but only after checking the search function to make sure you are not asking a repeat question. (e.g What wheels, Is my average seed OK, Anything about Mavic). :lol:

If that were the case then the most popular forums (usually COD ones) would be virtually dead. Its not only inevitable, but perfectly acceptable IMO for there to be several posts involving similar topics. Its only a problem when theres *****ing millions asking the same question over and over. Bottom line is that forums are for discussing things regardless of repetition. Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt. Just stop being so pedantic mate.

As for the topic I know nothing about treks so cant advise.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    "Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt."

That explains a lot :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • MattyyP
    MattyyP Posts: 142
    team47b wrote:
    "Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt."

That explains a lot :roll:

+1
    Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
    B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
    B'Twin Rockrider 9.1
  • cmh15
    cmh15 Posts: 8
    smidsy wrote:

If the above is the quality of your average seed best you sow your best seed. Or speed off and let those with constructive advice or pointers contribute without the unnecessary bullying. :oops:
  • smidsy
    @CMH15 - If you consider my post bullying I suggest you stop visiting now. I was giving constructive advice. The fact you do not think so or do not like the advice is entirely another matter.

If you spend a little more time here you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice. Perhaps when you have more than 2 posts we can judge your level. Until then I reserve judgement.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    [quote="smidsy
    you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice[/quote]

I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:
  • letap73
    Op - I have a Trek 1400 which I should of gotten rid of but I really love it - it will have basically the same frame as the 1000 but with a better groupset - mine has 105, the 1000 - Tiagra/Sora.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    letap73 wrote:
    [quote="smidsy
    you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice

I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:[/quote]

Never argue with someone who cannot use the quote function
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    facebook wrote:
    Hey so i started riding heavy last year i picked up a trek 2100 and been riding that has the 105s with shimano a600s i love it got about 1400 miles on it last year. i also picked up a trek 1000 sl but i dont no much abuot that bike so if i could get some facts and tips with the trek 1000 sl id appreciate it!! thanks

BR did a review of this bike a while ago which might be of help http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1000-19927
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • letap73
    edited March 2013
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    [quote="smidsy

+1
    And never argue with pedantic as@holes :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • smidsy
    letap73 wrote:
    Which means I am right and you are wrong! :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • letap73
    smidsy wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    Which means I am right and you are wrong! :P
    +1
    I better agree, just in case I incur the wrath of the "special one" from Wavering Down. :cry:
  • smidsy
    Wimp :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    @CMH15 - If you consider my post bullying I suggest you stop visiting now. I was giving constructive advice. The fact you do not think so or do not like the advice is entirely another matter.

If you spend a little more time here you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice. Perhaps when you have more than 2 posts we can judge your level. Until then I reserve judgement.

Maybe so but your advice in this thread has just been sarcastic and not relevant to the questions asked. Why criticize his font colour ffs! I didnt find it hard to read so I could advise you get glasses or something, what goes around comes around mate. Next time just answer the questions properly even if you feel the questions are a load of crap. With that being said you likely wont.

This colour would be hard to read
  • smidsy
    Just type in Black ffs!

And yes yellow is particularly unsuitable (although quite easy to read if you highlight it with the mouse).

And I did answer his query I told him it is better to get advice before spending the money. Very relevant I think.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • letap73 wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    [quote="smidsy

+1
    And never argue with pedantic as@holes :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I am arguing with a pedantic as@hole, check out my next post:
  • smidsy wrote:
    Just type in Black ffs!

And yes yellow is particularly unsuitable (although quite easy to read if you highlight it with the mouse).

And I did answer his query I told him it is better to get advice before spending the money. Very relevant I think.

So you told him to do something he is already doing? (or trying to by making this thread). That advice is of little to no use for anyone. So on that basis rather than tell him "it is better to get advice before spending the money", why not simply provide that advice yourself? I suppose your gonna be advising people to use bigger font next!
  • smidsy
    He already has the bike.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    This man bothering you son?

Watch him he's a moderator somewhere else, he could report himself to himself, and be banned from posting there :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike