Which Tyre

supergrass
supergrass Posts: 123
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
The Tyres on my Bianchi are starting to get worn, so i have been on numerous sites to buy a new pair but now im more confused which ones to buy.

I dont race, just do sportives and 50 -70 mile regular rides. i was looking to spend somewhere in the region of £50 for the pair, any recommendations?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Conti GP4000s.

or you could peruse the other 100 which tyre threads further down the page.
  • Schwalbe Ultremo ZX HDs- think they're on offer at Wiggle for £30 each atm. I run the 25mm ones
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    cougie wrote:
    Conti GP4000s.

or you could peruse the other 100 which tyre threads further down the page.

Lol. At least you didn't just say "do a search"!
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    cougie wrote:
    Conti GP4000s.

^^^ this
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    cougie wrote:
    Conti GP4000s.

Get a +1 from me too. Use these on my winter/do anything bike and seem to have lasted me well.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Never used Conti GP400s, but my Michellin Pro 4 SC tyres have been great for the past year or so
    Ribble R872
    Giant OCR 0T-Full Ultegra-ish
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Vittoria open corsa cx, Conti 4000s, Michelin Pro 4, or the other one.... Ultremo something or other, they all pretty similar(Corsa cx are probably the best but they won't last as long).
    Look for the cheapest pair. I think that i saw the Pro4 for about £50 a pair on the net(might have been probikekit).
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    Never ridden on the Contis, but just thought I would mention that Wiggle have Michelin Pro 4 SC's on sale at £23.99 each at the moment.
    I've ordered some 25's to see how they compare with the 23mm Pro 3's I'm currently using.
    Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • skyblue337
    skyblue337 Posts: 135
    And CRC will do a pair of Mich Pro Race 4s with a pair of inner tubes for £48 but only in 23mm width
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    skyblue337 wrote:
    And CRC will do a pair of Mich Pro Race 4s with a pair of inner tubes for £48 but only in 23mm width

Service Course not Endurance!!
  • taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    Schwalbe Ultremo ZX which are the evolved version of Ultremo R1s. Excellent slick light tyres. Went to Michelin Pro3 Race from r1s, found them slipping on hard brakes rather than bringing bike to full stop. Also expeirenced slight slipping on sharp corners. Went back Schwalbe recently with a new pair of Ultremo tyres.
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components