Just had this pop up on Facebook, so I thought I would share it

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152661508535145

Next time I am there ;)

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    southport cc have the colabra as their homepage

SaCollabra.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    I did this last month & the descent is the most fun you can have on a road bike. It's just nuts. Have to keep very focused though as the hairpins come thick & fast & there are places where there are small rocks in the road too! Nice ride back up too.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    My club are heading out there end of April :D
    With the Sigma descent...I believe the Calobra is a dead end? Was that the Sigma boys going to that part of it and the only way out is back up?
    The descent looks worth the climb back up if it is!!
  • Beckers62
    Beckers62 Posts: 66
    RC856 wrote:
    My club are heading out there end of April :D
    With the Sigma descent...I believe the Calobra is a dead end? Was that the Sigma boys going to that part of it and the only way out is back up?
    The descent looks worth the climb back up if it is!!

From what I can see on the map "Yes, it ends at the beach"
  • rc856
    Cheers...and well done for understanding my post!
    Didn't read it properly before posting!!! :oops:
  • Beckers62
    Beckers62 Posts: 66
    Next time I go to Mallorca my plan is to drive down to the beach, ride up the climb, and then do the descent. ;-)
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    It's a dead end - unless you are staying in or around Sollier in which case you can catch the boat back :idea:

Great descent and even more fun climbing back up.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    You *really* wouldn't want to overcook that first one in Cleat's pic :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • craigenty
    craigenty Posts: 960
    Yay - I'm there next week. Has anyone got a profile for the Colabra climb or a link to one? I can't seem to find it on the Salité site.
  • StorckSpeed
    StorckSpeed Posts: 291
    Wait until you meet a bus at one of the hair-pins, that'll scare your lycra shorts off!!!
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Not many buses this time of year. @craig, Ill try and send you the profile off a Strava file of mine if I work out how to do it. Scary is when you do it in a winter morning knowing there is no traffic around, and there's the odd patch of black ice. Also, for those looking for a bit more fun, turn left near the bottom and head to Cala Tuent, adds another 3kms of climb back up.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • craigenty
    Thanks for that. Just had a quick look on STRAVA. 9.4km, 7.1%, 668m. Gradient does look regular though.
    Some big names on that leader board too!
  • rc856
    Change of scenery from Ventoux Craig?! :)
    On a different note, I'm sure I've read about groups meeting in Puerto Pollensa for rides? If so, can anyone tell me where and how do you determine if the group will be too fast etc?

Cheers,

Richie
  • craigenty
    RC856 wrote:
    Change of scenery from Ventoux Craig?! :)
    On a different note, I'm sure I've read about groups meeting in Puerto Pollensa for rides? If so, can anyone tell me where and how do you determine if the group will be too fast etc?

Cheers,

Richie

Hi Richie - just getting some solid days in before our season kicks off at Easter then my own training gets sidelined!
    I'm going with Stuart Hall - they have a couple of rides every morning at about 9:30 from the hotel and you can choose fast or not so fast (i think ;-)
    There's the Tollos rides too.
    How's things?
  • rc856
    Cheers Craig. What hotel would that be and what are the Tollos rides?
    All good here. About a dozen of our club are heading to Mallorca but there are a few racers so want to keep my run options open!!
    Would love another crack at Ventoux. Maybe a future club trip :D