Mothering Sunday bike fest

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning mongs

About to take the kids out on their bikes so the other half gets some peace and quiet.

Listening to Radio 2, Clare 'fat lezza' Balding really does have a face for radio and a voice for an insomnia clinic.

Oh and we've got snow.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning throbbers

Downstairs trying to keep the kids volume at less than 20 - not an easy task

Just wrapped the current wife's presents, I wonder if she will notice I've used kids birthday party paper?

Today is slow start, followed by church as the kids are doing some school thing there, then back to ours for a house full - drink maybe consumed
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Thanks to some stupid company/royal fail not delivering my gift on time i had to go and buy another one in time for today. today will be spent with the whole family in a crowded house consuming food and alcohol and music.

I suspect rain or something as the sky is darker than a back alley full of hookers
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Snowing here! WTF! All easily blamed on the mass hysteria causing global warming!

off doing stuff today!

And i am gonna have a truck load of pig meat with HP sauce.........yes!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Morning Saddle Sniffers,

Wifey and ankle biter have left me alone for a bit - yay. On the downside I discovered a nail in one of the car tyres yesterday eve and might have to go find somewhere to get it fixed (better not be a new tyre job as that one's pretty new itself!).

Now for coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Same mother's day as last year for us. In hospital with my son. Been in for a couple nights so haven't got anything for my mother sorted. Might have to take a pile of washing round for her later.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

it promises to be a quiet day. im off for the gym, i dont want to ride my bike in the small ammount of snow we have here in north essex then i am going to turn some meat and vegetables into feaces whilst growing my hair as big as i can.

sideways.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    For some reason we have snow too WTF.

My mother is off on holiday at present so not much to do there, but mother in law is on the way down to ours so cake in the oven baking right now & card signed.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Last nights job was called off within minutes after discovering that not enough kit was sent/ mix up on requirements so got back well early and still paid. WIN. :D:D

Found snow in Sheffield

-Going out later for a night ride
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon Losers!
    This morning saw me playing piano and organ for a service. Much fun was had, well, it wasn't, but moneyz is good.
    This afternoon, a bit of shopping for the new house I think, though trying to keep the costs down as I'm scarily broke :(
    Apparently there's snow in West Yorkshire, which isn't good as I'm meant to be moving house tomorrow, snow will just make that more miserable than it already will be!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    hello *****.

it promises to be a quiet day. im off for the gym, i dont want to ride my bike in the small ammount of snow we have here in north essex then i am going to turn some meat and vegetables into feaces whilst growing my hair as big as i can.

sideways.

What part of this godforsaken county are you stuck in now?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oodboo wrote:
    Same mother's day as last year for us. In hospital with my son. Been in for a couple nights so haven't got anything for my mother sorted. Might have to take a pile of washing round for her later.

The things you do to avoid parting with cash.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Afternoon Maggots,

A weekend of win as my wench is here from France
    We bumped into a Congolese national at the market yesterday and the other half and this chap had a conversation in French
    The Congolese's buddy was my age and we reminisced about the Angola war which I participated in, as it spread to Zaire who were "our" allies..

Today it's overcast and nice and cool, needless to say I've been playing chauffeur to the other half and showing her the true side of S.A, and not the rot that the BBC, Sky and CNN feed the ignorant west
    She was a bit taken back by the amount of beggars and the shanty town squatter camps.. the sh¡t they never mention in the tourist web sites.

Now we're back at home and the BBQ is on and I have a 500gr (17 Oz) steak, medium rare with my name on it.. Nom, nom, nom...
  • sheepsteeth

What part of this godforsaken county are you stuck in now?

I live in wimbish near saffron walden, it is a bit in the middle of nowhere but it is a good place to work.
  • sheepsteeth
    Now we're back at home and the BBQ is on and I have a 500gr (17 Oz) steak, medium rare with my name on it.. Nom, nom, nom...

sounds awesome.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Not much to report - skippy slider ride for a couple of hours at Bow Brickhill, followed by faffage changing addresses.
    Today was mostly an epic unpacking session, just about finished, thank fark.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Evening All

Just got back in from riding and it 's still snowing with drifts on them tha hills around sunny Sheff. Proved to be a mini adventure with a puncture each and the fun of fixing in Arctic conditions blizzards etc. :roll:

Oh well I'll be having coffee in some chic place tomoz to make up for hard ships endured tonight :D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976

sounds awesome.

I had a 500g steak when we were skiing, at 10pm I felt ill, at 3am I felt like I needed to be sick, at 7am the following day I felt the same.

At 1pm that afternoon I had a massive pizza.
    Advocate of disc brakes.