The Fryday Nearly-The-Weekend Thread

Clank
Clank Posts: 2,323
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Bacons.

That is all.

Onwards.
How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    More packing done last night, not doing any tonight as I'm off to Bur for the weekend.
    Work is going ok, so can't complain at the moment. Appraisal is coming up in a few weeks, that'll be interesting. First one in about 3 years!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Just got to get through the next 4 ½ hours then I'll be free for the weekend. Only one meeting today but it is going to be a bad one full of acrimony and recrimination.

Nothing planned so I'll just see what happens weather wise and go from there. I wouldn't be averse to spending the weekend in the pub watching the six nations rugby, drinking beer and stuffing my face.

Tea and some more minion offerings.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    as I'm working from home - a decent fry up for breakfast & quick 45 mins on turbo trainer. Now waiting for IT to sort the VPN :( Thankfully I copied one of the files I needed last night
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Friday hopefuls,
    Nout planned today, going to pop over to a friends to help with brake fitting, with side orders of job hunting?

Probably noodles for lunch?

Now Where's that bacons?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning donkey lovers,

Today i have started to have my work mates lurgy in time for the weekend.. typical! More free food today which is good not been food shopping in a week :) win.

downside get the quote for the repairs on my car tomorrow.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all

Hm just ordered a sausage & egg baguette so thats a win. Loads of CAD work today - easy but so tedious. Meh.
    Put the new shock on the patriot last night and picked up new full face helmet from LBS ready for aston hill at weekend.

thats about it
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Just posted rear shock from DH bike to Mojo so it'll be ready for Antur on cruddy weekend :D

Awaiting delivery off a bunch kit so can do a job in Cumbria tomorrow night - paying for service on above and new Ti spring :D:D

Still Foggy here
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning spit roast-ees!

Nowt interesting on the food front, nowt interesting on the work front!

Do you think we could have a swap a job/breakfast cruddees day? Would be up for something different!

Cannot wait for the weekend to kick in! Fitting a bathroom for my brother then hopefully watch six nations and drink zoider!

Trar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    matthew h wrote:
    waiting for IT to sort the VPN

Doesn't wearing a thing sort that out, or going commando.

Afternoon Scuttlers

Gym, work and all of that.

Oh and coffee

Then the same tomorrow

Enjoy
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    Gazlar wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    waiting for IT to sort the VPN

Doesn't wearing a thing sort that out

Working from home, so obviously sat here in my pants
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    Just having lunch, finished work on the Spread sheet of Doom(TM) and moved onto a different one.
    Later I might be sticking labels onto samples.
    Even later than that I have a date with the boyfriend, probably going to the cinema to see Les Mis, unless he's still dying from the hangover caused by the end of icebike yesterday.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    afternoon...

Just back from the annual visit to the nurse to get my ecg & blood test results, seems i'm in good shape, if fact she said 'my word you're fit', so I said... 'you're not bad yourself love'

i'll get me coat....
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    The cakes I didn't make in the week are going to be made on the weekend, maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday evening. Not sure what I am doing this weekend other than reviewing contracts and targets for work and baking.

Arranged a day at the farm on Sunday so will be assising with making slimey baby lambs appear from their mums and making sure they stay alive. Oh and maybe driving tractors (although last time I did that I managed to break my foot).
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    The cakes I didn't make in the week are going to be made on the weekend, maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday evening. Not sure what I am doing this weekend other than reviewing contracts and targets for work and baking.

Arranged a day at the farm on Sunday so will be assising with making slimey baby lambs appear from their mums and making sure they stay alive. Oh and maybe driving tractors (although last time I did that I managed to break my foot).

Well jeal. Is love to be a farmer like what they are in the archers, seen a lovely house in Carmarthernshire with a small holding, perfect for some old spots and a smokehouse
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    I can assure you it isn't all great times, not when you have to work every day of the year in all weathers and at certain times you can be working 24 hours a day for days on end. Lambing being one of those times. And haymaking when you just have to sit on a tractor all day and night to get everything done in the one day of sunshine we have every summer. And when you have to deal with dead animals.

Although I do really love it and spending time there. It's fun, it's generally muddy/mucky work and I get fed cake and tea continually by Grandma.
  • Thewaylander
    Farming isn't work.. it's a life you just do it 24/7

Though i admit would love a little small holding so i can have some chickens and a smelly goat. and a nice veggie patch!

And CMC you owe us tart! :lol:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    'Noon mongs!

Drugs are finally making my shoulder better.

Interview yesterday was interesting. Turns out if I get the job I'd be managing a contract I wrote most of the bid for, but lost because the team was deemed too small. More money plus a decent car allowance. Only problem is that it's London multi site, but that's the only problem. Find out next week as they need somebody to start in 4 weeks.

Might fettle the bike a bit later.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Afternoon skivers,

Not working til 5 so trying to have a productive day. So far have fitted commuting tyres to the 29sr, stripped the headset as it sounded like it was full of gravel, eaten some spaghetti, accidently flooded the garage. All I have left is to bleed the rear brake on the other bike which will hopefully fix it, as currently pulling the lever does absolutely fark all.

later
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Afternoon bumders, I'm on holiday and I'm sat by the pool drinking a beer.

I hope you're all having fun at home

Laters ;)
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:

Laters ;)

How thoughtfull of you to drop by.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

Laters ;)

How thoughtfull of you to drop by.

I thought so too :)
  • MissCMC
    Chickens are noisy. They wake you up in the mornings, although fresh eggs are very good. And like goats they are smelly. I can't understand why anyone would want a goat. Their milk smells and tastes like goat smell and goats cheese is horrid. Urgh.

We have both on the farm. Just trying to decide what the name theme for the orphaned pet lambs should be for this year.
  • pesky_jones
    MissCMC wrote:
    Chickens are noisy. They wake you up in the mornings, although fresh eggs are very good. And like goats they are smelly. I can't understand why anyone would want a goat. Their milk smells and tastes like goat smell and goats cheese is horrid. Urgh.

We have both on the farm. Just trying to decide what the name theme for the orphaned pet lambs should be for this year.

I keep chickens also, although they dont wake us up - as the last one who woke us up (aptly named 'dumpling') got served with dumplings while the others watched...
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:

And i want a goat so i can feed it some ones spare clothes just to annoy them as goats eat everything!

Chickens are good though i do get the downer on the goat... but i do like goats milk cheese..
  • welshkev
    The gf used to have 2 goats, they're great animals :)

When we get a new house we're going to have some more :)
  • tlw1
    but i do like goats milk cheese..

plus potatoe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Evening Necrophiles,

Managed to bin the roadie coming home tonight going round a corner which a thoughtfully left small pool of oil on it. Bike still seems OK and thankfully no car or bus behind me when I hit the deck, but my left shoulder knacks and I've had to resort to painkillers and booze :) Don't think it's broken so I'll call that a lucky escape for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Necrophiles,

Managed to bin the roadie coming home tonight going round a corner which a thoughtfully left small pool of oil on it. Bike still seems OK and thankfully no car or bus behind me when I hit the deck, but my left shoulder knacks and I've had to resort to painkillers and booze :) Don't think it's broken so I'll call that a lucky escape for now.

At least the bike is ok