Canyon Roadlite AL 7.0

shdaxner
shdaxner Posts: 249
edited March 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi All

My Baby - Canyon Roadlite AL 7.0 with full Ultegra 6700.

I have had the bike since just before Christmas but due to the weather i have only just really started getting out on it, its miles ahead of my old Carrera Vanquish. Money is short at the moment so this is my do it all bike i commute on it (hence pedals) and try get out on it in my spare time too. I know alot of people slate Canyon for writing Canyon on the bikes to many times but i think its a looker :D

Upgrades so far are

Garmin edge 200
Deda elementi mistrale black bartape
Bontrager RXL carbon bottle cage
Shimano PD M520 pedals
Brooks B17 saddle - This does look abit clunky but as a wise old man once said to me "you dont have eyes in your backside" :wink:

Eventually i would like new wheels and a UDi2 upgrade kit.

8514360278_3bb4351000_c.jpg
8514361118_bf9bafda0b_c.jpg
8513250395_11d0354b15_b.jpg

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Interesting saddle choice. It doesn't look too bad.

Is that a bell.........
  • shdaxner
    Well spotted......was hoping no one would spot that, it is a bell, these photos are taken at the end of spen valley greenway (a cycle path) and i find a bell is a must have when on a cycle path especially in the evening when people are out walking dogs and also people walking home from work - it does only get put on for the cycle-path.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Great looking bike, I love the look of Ultegra groupset. Other than the saddle, the bike looks spot on and I wouldn't want to change anything.
    What was the full cost if you dont mind. Any idea on weight?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's really good looking, but (you knew this was coming) that saddle looks completely out of place. I know how comfy Brooks are, but have you tried something like a San Marco Rolls? That would look MUCH better and is still one of the most comfy saddles out there.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • shdaxner
    Cheers for the comments guys.
    dwanes wrote:
    What was the full cost if you dont mind
    I think it came to just under £1200 for the bike delivered (bargain if you ask me for a bike this spec)
    dwanes wrote:
    Any idea on weight?
    Weight wise i have no idea, i am a fat knacker myself and have no means of weighing it so never really bothered with it.
    declan1 wrote:
    have you tried something like a San Marco Rolls? That would look MUCH better and is still one of the most comfy saddles out there
    I looked at a million different saddles and couldn't make my mind up, i was hoping http://www.tryasaddle.co.uk/ would be up and running before i decided so i could try some out before i committed, then a couple of weeks ago i lost my job so bike upgrades are currently on hold but it was my birthday last week so i asked for a new saddle and knowing that i only really had the one shot to find something comfy i opted for the tried and tested B17 - it does look out of place but once my fat arse is on it you can barely see it :lol:
  • Nice bike I do like canyons however don't like brooks saddles on modern bikes it doesn't look right each to their own though
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    thought I recognised the place.

Was that your beer too?
  • shdaxner
    notlongnow wrote:
    Nice bike I do like canyons however don't like brooks saddles on modern bikes it doesn't look right each to their own though
    I know it doesn't suit the bike, but like I said I whittled it down to 4 saddles the Fizik Arione, Prologo Kappa, Selle max flite and the Brooks but I couldn't make my mind up which to buy, and the other 3 saddles I was getting mixed reviews, some people they were perfect some people they were unbearable, I couldn't afford to test the water and lose money on all 3 of them so I went for the safest bet.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Very tidy... but you are avin a right larf with that saddle on a Canyon.. don't let their boss see it thats all I say.
    I am very, very tempted to get that AL frameset with the race license discount for under 600... nice frame for 1200gm
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Like It. :D
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    That saddle is akin to putting a roofrack on a Ferrari.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • shdaxner
    Cheers RideOnTime :D I like it too.

Like I said originally I do think the saddle looks out of place but IME there are a few choice components where form takes a back seat to function and the saddle is one of them.

So there you go guys I've decided this saddle is staying until I get a full time commuting bike.
    pride4ever wrote:
    I think this is abit OTT, i may have to buy an über light full carbon ass wrecker to put on just for photos heh?
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    Love the colour scheme of the black 2013 Roadlite. I ended up wishing I had gone for the black model rather than the white I bought in 2012.

For the price I thought it was absolutely fantastic, you'll enjoy it :)
  • shdaxner
    awsm wrote:
    Love the colour scheme of the black 2013 Roadlite. I ended up wishing I had gone for the black model rather than the white I bought in 2012.

For the price I thought it was absolutely fantastic, you'll enjoy it :)
    I am enjoying the bike it's miles ahead of my old Carrera Vanquish!! Deciding between the black colour way and the white colour way was my hardest decision I would of gone for white had my brother not just bought a white bike and seeing how much of a PITA it is to keep clean.

Love your cervelo by the way :D
  • Steve236
    Steve236 Posts: 212
    I nearly got this recently but ended up getting the Ultimate AL 7.0. I wasn't sure about the canyon.com all over it and would probably on balance prefer if it just had the 1 canyon written on the down tube as some of the higher spec and older models do. Having said that, in the flesh it still looks great and rides like the f**kin nuts
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    pride4ever wrote:

:lol: hadn't noticed that :lol:
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    JGSI wrote:
    Very tidy... but you are avin a right larf with that saddle on a Canyon.. don't let their boss see it thats all I say.
    I am very, very tempted to get that AL frameset with the race license discount for under 600... nice frame for 1200gm

Discount? How?

Its £439

EDIT: Sorry, realised you were referring to the Ultimate AL, not the Roadlite