What a t@@t

danlikesbikes
danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
Just saw this and couldn't help spreading it around - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-21687292

I mean I know I shout at the TV when watching Rugby & even during the cycling but really calling the police. Maybe I should give it go when watching the track cycling to report a rider going over the sprinters line :lol:
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Ch Insp Ted Antill said: "It's no joke. In this case, the man realised his bad judgement and apologised and we decided not to pursue it further,"

BUT, they're still going to let him vote.

The older I get, the better I was.

• danlikesbikes
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but if I had shouted at the TV during the TDF say for instance when Burger Bertie left Frandie behind & then called the police to report it.... well you get what I mean.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Some people ...

Looks like the he didn't have possession of the communal brain cell that football fans share amongst the group.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • danlikesbikes
    Some people ...

Looks like the he didn't have possession of the communal brain cell that football fans share amongst the group.

Maybe he did & thats why he/they called it in
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    In all fairness that decision was criminal.
  • danlikesbikes
    In all fairness that decision was criminal.

The one to not charge the chap with wasting police time :lol:
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Yeah, that too.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    hehe
    487528_621442757881662_1244721393_n_zps2b432822.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    You don't have to be too suprised at the behaviour of some, FFS "the sun" had a campaign to free "the Weatherfield one".
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • danlikesbikes
    You don't have to be too suprised at the behaviour of some, FFS "the sun" had a campaign to free "the Weatherfield one".

I'm not that surprised just shocked really that someone would be so stupid.

TBH I don't really follow football anymore (thats a whole other thread I feel) but am an avid watcher of rugby & can't imagine why someone would consider calling 999. Then again you do read all these things about stupid calls made to 999 that are not an emergency.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553

I'm not that surprised just shocked really that someone would be so stupid.

TBH I don't really follow football anymore (thats a whole other thread I feel) but am an avid watcher of rugby & can't imagine why someone would consider calling 999. Then again you do read all these things about stupid calls made to 999 that are not an emergency.
    It was once reported that some idiot phoned 999 because their Sky tv had gone on the blink. As you say there are hundreds of such stupid calls made.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • danlikesbikes
    It was once reported that some idiot phoned 999 because their Sky tv had gone on the blink. As you say there are hundreds of such stupid calls made.

Yep I've seen quite a few of these types of stories.

Thankfully there are the annual Darwin awards which take a good amount of these types of people out of the gene pool - http://www.darwinawards.com
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Named and shamed............

It was Willhub.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939

yup.

and I heard another from a chap in his 60's who phoned the police to complain that he couldn't get a bus. He sounded quite a respectable, well-spoken gent but was quite incensed that the road he was standing by which ran from x to y didn't have a bus route.

also, people on a yacht in a harbour phoned the coastguard emergency service because they'd run out of ice for their drinks.

The older I get, the better I was.

• danlikesbikes
    Capt Slog wrote:

also, people on a yacht in a harbour phoned the coastguard emergency service because they'd run out of ice for their drinks.

See I think they the coast guard should have gone to the batch, with rubber gloves & KY jelly for body cavity searches if people are that stupid :oops: