My new 2012 Cervelo R5 VWD ltd - finished

Crispyapp
Crispyapp Posts: 344
edited March 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi all, last yr I decided to get myself a new summer bike for this yr. after many many hours, days, weeks researching for my ultimate build I finally ended up with this. I wanted a light bike that would ride well and pretty much do everything, and this is the end result.

The build consists of.

Cervelo r5 VWD ltd frameset
Campagnolo super record groupset
Rotor 3df chainset with rotor Q rings
Rotor ceramic BB
Ritchey superlogic bars stem and seatpost
Fizik Arione vs saddle
Fulcrum racing zero dark label Wheelset
Ultremo zx tyres
Mitchelin latex tubes
Fizik bar tape
Elite ltd edition matte blk bottle cages
Look Keo carbon blade pedals

I haven't ridden this yet which is why i have the 2 big spacers there, this is still to be cut down to the height i want it, ive had my bike fit and ive been told the stem can be slammed if i want it doing but I'm still riding my winter bike atm so as soon as I get the chance to ride it i shall come back and give you all a report. :D

Thanks hope you like it...

rcldzp.jpg
10poo09.jpg
w7g18m.jpg
3480j60.jpg
292qhxf.jpg
ej3u0.jpg
2rz2wz8.jpg
adeq1c.jpg
25arsd0.jpg
Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
Cervelo r5
Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep that is cool, I like that much better than my R5, the blue looks cool, the Ritchey stem looks really stiff. 8)
  • Crispyapp
    Velonutter wrote:
    Yep that is cool, I like that much better than my R5, the blue looks cool, the Ritchey stem looks really stiff. 8)

Thanks a lot. I didn't realise the stem was so big until it arrived in the post. I didn't know if it was too much at first but I really love it. It looks great ini the flesh and I can't imagine ill see many.

Congrats on your colnago I just left u a message.
    Cervelo r5
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    Looks great, absolutely love the stem (what does it weigh?). Makes a change from all the R5's with 3T finishing kits :oops:

Just need a set of these to match the Argyle frameset:

2013-01-09_18.41.31_1.jpg
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Nice, particularly love the stem too (might have to get one of those myself)
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Crispyapp
    awsm wrote:
    Looks great, absolutely love the stem (what does it weigh?). Makes a change from all the R5's with 3T finishing kits :oops:

Just need a set of these to match the Argyle frameset:

2013-01-09_18.41.31_1.jpg

Hi there the stem is 100mm and its exact wight on my digital scales was 126g. I like those cages yes but I wanted matte blk to match the rest of the finishing kit and I came across the limited edition elite cages that I love. They have a rubber like feel to them and I think they look great.
    Cervelo r5
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Arise Sir Velo.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,804
    That's a beast!
  • Ooooooooopppppphhh! Superb.............just superb............
  • Look's great, awesome choice on wheels, one of the best wheelsets I have ridden for a long time.
    Campag looks great on the frame too.
    what size frame do you have there? and also how tall are you, just interested in your set up, looks aggressive (good)
    Enjoy the bike
  • Crispyapp
    Look's great, awesome choice on wheels, one of the best wheelsets I have ridden for a long time.
    Campag looks great on the frame too.
    what size frame do you have there? and also how tall are you, just interested in your set up, looks aggressive (good)
    Enjoy the bike

Thanks I'm glad you like it. I'm 5"9 tall and the frame is a 54. After my bike fit the guy said the stem can be slammed if needs be as I'm a negative in flex, which means I can bend well below the normal flex line which would make the riding position still comfortable. However I'm not racing anymore and as the height is purely for comfort reasons I think ill probably leave it as it is and chop the top. But won't know until I ride it.... Come on the sunshine. :lol:
    Cervelo r5
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Very nice, a high-end build but still sensible for UK riding
  • Crispyapp
    nferrar wrote:
    Very nice, a high-end build but still sensible for UK riding

Thanks that's exactly what it was built around. I ride mostly in the dales so although I'd of liked a set of deep carbons on it they just weren't that practical considering our terrain and wind etc...
    Cervelo r5