The Thursday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Today is a day of win.. as it's my "Friday" because I am off tomorrow.
It's cool and overcast which is a welcome relief as it was 34.5ºC yesterday. I had a busy day yesterday and an equally busy schedule today too.

Tomorrow Mrs. Avalon arrives from France to see the "rainbow nation" for herself
I don't know how she'll get along wth this xenophobic, backwards thinking savage country, but there plenty of things to see and lots of wild animals, sadly most of them are in the police, government and civil service though..

Wishing you all a productive day...

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    Tired start to the day. Spent a lot of last night chatting with a housemate whilst he packed his stuff. Still glad I'm moving out. I need to up my game with the packing milarky. I'm getting there, but I need to take more stuff than just a few boxes.
    Minion is on holiday for 2 days, so I'll have to make my own tea :roll: Then more packing and driving to da Hudd.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Meetings, meetings and further meetings. They may be interesting meetings (one of 'em, definately) but they meetin's, none the less. And that's my day.

Onwards! To meetings! And coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Clank - I feel your meeting pain today :(

Also feeling a bit below par after a night out with the current wife last night. Meant to be meeting my dad & brother later - but can't find the drive to make myself go, esp as they are discussing a euro hoon they are doing soon
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning species,
    Very tired this morning, kids were up before my alarm, which goes off early, Mrs VW was not impressed!

The Outlaws left for the dark continent yesterday, so wifey is worried about them, apparently its full of "xenophobic, backwards thinking savage's" But its where mrs outlaw is from, and she's visiting her very elderly mother.

Good afternoon / evening yesterday, hit the woods and the park on the bikes with No1, then a night ride last night. 8)

No plans today, so more job hunting i guess?

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Moaning,

Driving in today as the inner tubes I bought for my new 1.25" 29er commuting tyres are the wrong size so I need to swap them. And I'm bloody tired.

Only working til 5 but have a meeting with Notts Licensing to look forward to. I've not been naughty, or so they tell me, just want to say hello.

Yawn
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Clank wrote:
    Meetings, meetings and further meetings. They may be interesting meetings (one of 'em, definitely) but they meetin's, none the less. And that's my day.

Unfortunatley none of my meetings will be interesting ones. Just meetings where others are trying to cover up their own ineptitude and pass their work onto me. :evil:

A hearty breakfast of porridge was had and the cake making minion has brought offerings of blackcurrant tarts so the day will not be all bad.

Later......
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening mokey lovers,

Can i go back to bed yet? and looking forward to free lunch again!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    The Outlaws left for the dark continent yesterday, so wifey is worried about them, apparently its full of "xenophobic, backwards thinking savage's" But its where mrs outlaw is from, and she's visiting her very elderly mother.

No need to be worried, it's fairly safe here, as long as you're not a Mozambiquean taxi driver who parks on the "wrong side" of the road
    The climate is great, the food is good and cheap, so for a short stay it's not too shabby..
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    VWsurfbum wrote:

No need to be worried, it's fairly safe here, as long as you're not a Mozambiquean taxi driver who parks on the "wrong side" of the road
    The climate is great, the food is good and cheap, so for a short stay it's not too shabby..
    I think the wife at 34 misses her Daddy, bless.
    As for the Taxi driver, he probably deserved it :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today is almost win, got confirmation of a table i reserved for sat. my 64gb micro sd card finally came (bargain at £15)

no bacons though, and it's wet out
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Good morning gents and ladies

Today will be mostly work meh, going to try and get a ride in first before the start at 2.

Youngest has a interview today and is nervous, I have told him he will be ok and the worst that can happen is he doesn't get it, if all else is failing blagg as much as he dare.

No bacon today, sausage was consumed yesterday which is part of the swine family probably many parts to be fair.

Later folks
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    No baking last night. Fell asleep on the sofa with one of the hounds cuddled up after exercising.

Meeting this morning overran so only now having breakfast/lunch. Absolutely starving and none of the minions want to go outside to the shop for me as it's raining.

Lots and lots of work to do and more and more coming in all the time.

Not sure what to do this weekend...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    MissCMC wrote:
    No baking last night.

Presumably you're aware this website is called Bike Radar? With an i?
  • Thewaylander
    EH_Rob wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    No baking last night.

Presumably you're aware this website is called Bike Radar? With an i?

Shush fool, never moan about a woman making baked goods!!
  • EH_Rob
    She didn't bake anything, so moaning is justified.

I'll probably send Collymore round to sort her out.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers

Work again today for 11 hours

That's how I roll
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    EH_Rob wrote:
    If she was moaning, then that's fully justified and thanks to me ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    She is gonna as she promised tarts... nom nom tarts!!

Shepards pie today for lunch, since there are so few of us in the office today , ihave had a huge second portion(of pie) and am now contemplating a nap.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob wrote:
    If she was moaning, then that's fully justified and thanks to me ;)

That's what Uncle Jimmy used to say about his niece.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    afternoon
    The full impact of having relocated kicked in last night so although I'm kinda ok, I'm feeling a bit shoot. Got to try and buck up.
    No bike ride this lunch due to crud weather and crud sales meeting.
    Tonight I'm going to move boxes around in an attempt to make space so I can unpack some things.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening crudees,

a day of doing fark all! after a week of doing fark all is actually tiring me out!

tomorrow brings more fark all, biscuits and a drive across the country during rush hour! What could go wrong?

trar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening Dweebs,

Got a good free lunch with some wine off some advisors so I was not very productive this afternoon. boss was out of the office and didn't notice my 3 hour absence, so double win. Now supping a bit of Port that I found in the garage recently, not too bad at all :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]