Decent night riding locations in the Peaks

celf-fella
celf-fella Posts: 28
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Hi there

can anyone recommend some decent locations for a bit of night riding in the Peaks? Considered around Goyt Valley area but looking for some other options

cheers

Comments

• I've seen a few people riding Mam Tor in the dark, it's impressive how fast the lights wizz down the paved sections along the top. Just be careful of the wind though it can get stupidly fast :)
  • trail Ad
    trail Ad Posts: 2
    Castleton as a base. up broken road. Rushup. chapel gate. back up to top of Mamnick. you could then either go back down the bridleway and up to Hollins cross. or Go across the top of winnats pass and turn up the bridleway to take you down Cave dale. Splendid. and a pint in the castle to finish.

Alternatively Derwent edge up and then cross over to do lockerbrook and associated trails.

Either way night riding is a great way to get your skills built and put a new perspective on classic trails!!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Same trails you ride in Daylight 8)
    Cutgate
    Ladybower
    Jacobs Ladder
    :mrgreen:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    What difference does it make whether it's day or night?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Not much really except it's good to have had a feel in the light, that way you can feel confident in the dark.

Also good if you get into a pickle and can find your way onto the road/path etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    We're out riding most Tuesday and Thursday nights with the BikeTree in Sheffield doing Wednesday night rides all going out and around the eastern side of the Peaks .

Just ride the trails you do in the day time but without the walkers getting in the way :D:D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg