The Manchester to Chester Bike Ride - Sun 23rd June

KidsCan
KidsCan Posts: 104
Date: Sunday 23rd June 2013
Location: Manchester Platt Fields Park to The College of Law, Chester

A Bike Ride for all the family!

A 53 mile route between Manchester and Chester!
Taking in Lymm, Comberbach and Kelsall before arriving at The College of Law on the outskirts of Chester.
There will be transport available for you and your bike to either be taken to Manchester from Chester, or from Chester back to Manchester at the end of the ride.

For the full route and to sign up, please click here - http://www.bikeevents.com/Ride.aspx?id=385

We are hoping to raise over £50,000 from this amazing event!
We are asking everyone to raise whatever they an in sponsorship.
Incentives will be available for For taking part in the run we will supply you with:
Personalised Sponsor Forms
A www.justgiving.com sponsor website

Have fun cycling this great 53 mile route, starting from Platt Fields Park and taking you through beautiful Lancashire and Cheshire countryside to Finish at Christleton Hall, just outside Chester.

For more information please visit the website, post a reply or e-mail chris@kidscan.org.uk

Comments

• KidsCan
    We have over 40 people taking part in The Manchester to Chester Bike Ride so far!

It's a great event for cyclists of all abilities so we're hoping to have several hundred people peddling through Cheshire in June!
    If you haven't signed up yet, there's still plenty of time to do so!

We can provide supporters with sponsorship materials and even posters to promote your fundraising!
    Please get in touch for more information
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Only one of those manchester to .... I haven't done.
  • KidsCan
    zx6man wrote:
    Only one of those manchester to .... I haven't done.

If you'd like to take part we would really apprecaite it!
    We provide loads of personalised sponsorship materials for everyone who takes part so no worries there!

If you have any questions, please let me know!
  • KidsCan
    We're now on over 100 riders, but still a long way off our target participation figures!

We’re hoping to hit the 600 mark by the day itself! If you are looking for a great way to spend a sunny summer afternoon, The Manchester to Chester Bike Ride will certainly tick that box!

What’s more you’ll be taking part to raise funds for a fantastic cause.

KidsCan are the only charity specifically set up to research cures and treatments for children’s cancers.
    As we receive no statutory funding, sponsorship raised from events such as this is vital to the continued success of our research.

For more information on the science currently being undertaken at KidsCan, please visit our website – www.kidscan.org.uk

Hope to see you at the ride!
  • Hi My name is Dustin... I am also located in Charlotte... Last year I participated in Manchester to Chester Bike Ride 2012... I enjoyed my ride... had fun cycling this great 48 mile route, starting from Wythenshawe Park and taking you through beautiful Lancashire and Cheshire countryside. Enjoy the fresh air and the thought of doing something for a good cause, Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Chester Locksmith
  • KidsCan
    Hi My name is Dustin... I am also located in Charlotte... Last year I participated in Manchester to Chester Bike Ride 2012... I enjoyed my ride... had fun cycling this great 48 mile route, starting from Wythenshawe Park and taking you through beautiful Lancashire and Cheshire countryside. Enjoy the fresh air and the thought of doing something for a good cause, Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Chester Locksmith

Hi Dustin,

Thank you very much for your post!
    KidsCan are the charity which cyclists can support in the Manchester to Chester Bike Ride this year.

We're hoping for over 500 taking part! We're almost at 200 now so I think we're on course.
    It would be great to see loads of people out there supporting KidsCan.

To find out more about KidsCan, please visit our website!
  • KidsCan
    We've hit the 300 mark!

Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far.
    If you're not in that number, please visit this link to sign up!
    http://www.bikeevents.com/Ride.aspx?id=385

While the weather is a bit grim today, we're hoping it's just getting it all out of it's system for the 23rd!
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Hmmmmm - very tempted to ride this one but start out by riding to the start...... from Hoylake, Wirral. Should be around 125 miles if i ride home also.