The First Monday of March Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Another scorcher in Afriqe De Sud today, so fail.
Not a bad weekend at all, not as productive as I'd liked it to be, but then again, a weekend of laze is a weekend of win, right?
I have a new minion to train today, ironically his name is "Raymond" too.. I foresee confusion on the horizon.
First priority is to teach him to make tea..

Wishing you all a little sunshine this week....

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Well, I came home last night to find the house resembling that of a war torn World War 2 house. There's cr4p everywhere! One of my housemates moved out yesterday, and he's taken the sofa, armchair, dining table and chairs, basically everything you can sit on. I've had to reclaim some of my kitchen stuff from the piles yet to be taken. Luckily I think I've got it all :?

Today, work, then Judo, then packing. Foxc_uk, I feel your pain when it comes to packing, it's such a chore!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh today, but... it only lasts the morning. So ignoring the fact I've got an exam next Monday I'm off out on the bike this afternoon for a bit. This evening will involve studying etc.

In other news the weekend was very superbitch free, she's here at the moment but keeping out my way.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    TKM - best off out of it, I'm reckoning! Hope the new place suits you better.

Mornin' thieves. Thieves and liars. Murderers. Hypocrites and b*****ds.

After dropping the bomb Friday, I had a 30 min chat with the boss about futures. That was fun! Next I'll have to have the same chat with various links in 'The Chain of Command'. That will be fun.

Still, whilst there's coffee in my mug, it can't be all bad. For example, the weekend was spent in the garage building the new racer and last night was spent wathcing a comedy gig. Sweet!

Onwards! To caffiene! And perhaps bacons, because we're worth it!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is lots of excel cashflow things and reporting out - hours of fun. Later is meant to be a tutorial, fanbloodytastic
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Mornin'mongs,

A productive Sunday of visiting the Trentham monkey forest, building a mahoosive wardrobe and cooking a blinding chilli has all left me a little tired. To rectify, just had a cheeky lie in and off out for a ride in the peaks with some stw-ers (I know, I'm going to hell.)

Onwards to meusli and trying to converse with Audi driving IT types......yay.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning prime movers...

Great weekend on the bike, couple of hours on the road sat followed by some fettling, then a good blast round sherwood pines Sunday with some of the youngstars in a pre national check out the venue kind of thing.

Happily the young guns didn't manage to drop me... despite a couple of red wine fuelled evenings prior, there's life in the old dog yet.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    First decent run out on 'the new bike' at the weekend. It's lighter than the old one so easier up the hills but this makes it more skittish on the downhills especially on the looser surfaces. I've yet to fine tune it though so this should help things. Legs feeling fine today but were really pumped last night.

In other news large amounts of bacons and other pig meat products were consumed to counterbalance the health effects of said biking.

Tea and a bacons sandwich ahead.

Later......
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    morning all,

Bike is now in one peice and ride was had yesterday, not that fit at the moment. But i did get to follow some red head lady round the trail at points had she had a tidy rear end :P

Still hate my suspension though Fox forks are just poop for small bumps compared to every other make i've ridden :(
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Morning all.

A day of MEH!!

Cant-be-arsed-itus this morning. McDonalds breakfast wrap and numerous coffees are not helping. Have work on but will be coasting mainly today...
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all.

Usual monday morning uni shiz. Nutin' special.

That's all folks.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Alright Scuttlers

The usual work based meh today and even worse I realised that as I only have one day off in the next almost fortnight I dont really have time to go and play bikes tommorrow as I have so much admin and shopping to get through tommorrow, so instead I think a decent gym session while I'm in town tommorra.

Just went fir my fortnightly haircut shave and facial and theres a nice young lady working in my barbers now which made my facial a lot more gentle than when Shane does it.

Anyway, I shall leave you with that thought, so if the good lord spares us and the creeks don't rise I shall see you all on another thread or another day

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day people of crud

i have driven to sth wales for my working week which starts when i can be arsed! Some kit to prep, then gym later!

meh meh and more meh me thinks!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    bg13 wrote:
    Good day people of crud

i have driven to sth wales for my working week which starts when i can be arsed! Some kit to prep, then gym later!

You in south wales.. it's sunny for once, and your goign to the Gym.. sigh :p
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    bg13 wrote:
    Good day people of crud

You in south wales.. it's sunny for once, and your goign to the Gym.. sigh :p

its where all the good stalking occurs.....allegedly!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    Stalked some red head bird up Cwm Carn yesterday... that was enjoyable...
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Yesterday's ride didn't go so well, couldn't even keep up with the slowest rider, and to top it off after a failed attempted at indexing the gears, they were all over the place which made it even harder.

Today has been spent on and off looking for some new stuff.

bacons consumed, onto the steak.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Morning all.

A day of MEH!!

Cant-be-arsed-itus this morning. McDonalds breakfast wrap and numerous coffees are not helping. Have work on but will be coasting mainly today...

Who the fark are you?
    Gazlar wrote:
    which made my facial a lot more gentle than when Shane does it.

Come again?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    So far I have not been beaten up by the dogs all weekend. Usually dog sitting involves a trip to a&e or at least sticking myself back together with plasters. Win!

Shoulders are really sore though as they try to run after cars when walking them to the woods and pull like trains. 3 two hour wanders around the mountain has worn me out so much I fell asleep on the sofa yesterday, with the hounds. Should take my bike next time but that would mean I need to go and get it.

Bridesmaid dress shopping started. Very boring choosing colours.

Work is busy. And getting busier!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Clank wrote:
    Morning all.

A day of MEH!!

Who the fark are you?
    Gazlar wrote:
    which made my facial a lot more gentle than when Shane does it.

Come again?

I'm the prodigal son ;)
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    2 weeks til I hit the skies again....too much to do before then and too little time.
    The boy is at a conference in London all week boo :( but I suppose that means I may actually get some work done. He has already complained it is a sausage fest full of geeks who have never made conversation with a woman never mind anything else. As such, I am hoping that I will see some serious action at the weekend if he has spent a whole week in that environment!
    Teaching tonight, last shift for 6 weeks, can't be bothered blah, too much to do here!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    So far I have not been beaten up by the dogs all weekend. Usually dog sitting involves a trip to a&e or at least sticking myself back together with plasters. Win!

Shoulders are really sore though as they try to run after cars when walking them to the woods and pull like trains. 3 two hour wanders around the mountain has worn me out so much I fell asleep on the sofa yesterday, with the hounds. Should take my bike next time but that would mean I need to go and get it.

Bridesmaid dress shopping started. Very boring choosing colours.

Work is busy. And getting busier!

Least withthe bike you can get them to pull you along :P