British Cycling Benifits

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited March 2013 in Road general
Recently joined BC and wondered if anyone has used any of the discounts you get.
Already a platinum wiggle customer but would be handy if I were not I guess.
Says 10% off anything in Halfords, but my local super(?)store knew nothing about it.
Anyone used it in Halfords etc?

Comments

• bazzer2
    bazzer2 Posts: 189
    You need to print out a voucher for them to use in their till. But question what you want to buy before you shop there, quite often you can find it cheaper than they do it for (even when using the voucher) elsewhere... :)
  • I'd agree with Bazzer. But yes, just print off the voucher and they accept no problem. Wiggle discount is a little different as it directs you to their shop where the discount is applied. I've used both with no hassle.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Weird thing is that the 10% off in Halfords is not just for cycling stuff - I got some oil and a windscreen wiper for my car using it!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thanks guys.
    It was for a Boardman mainly.
    The only other thing I buy in there is Auto Glym stuff when its on offer.
    Do you know if you would still get the discount off a 3 for 2 offer etc?
  • I got a Garmin Edge 200 in Halfords for £ 72.99 yesterday and used the voucher :)
  • Don't forget Quidco as well, if buying a Boardman you could make quite a nice saving.
  • Got an email today saying I can get halo price HD for a year. That's the membership already paid for itself!
  • apreading wrote:
    Weird thing is that the 10% off in Halfords is not just for cycling stuff - I got some oil and a windscreen wiper for my car using it!

Yes, and off already discounted stuff too. You don't need the voucher, they have a barcode in their little book they have behind the counter with the other offers and discounts in too, I use it all the time and never bother with a voucher.
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • i use the halfords voucher with no problems and also keep an eye out for any discounted tickets on the bc website aslo have taken adavantge of the offers on the magazines(cyclist etc).
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    apreading wrote:

Yes, and off already discounted stuff too. You don't need the voucher, they have a barcode in their little book they have behind the counter with the other offers and discounts in too, I use it all the time and never bother with a voucher.

Brilliant, was wandering if discount applied to discounted items already
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm