Nasty looking accident in Colliers Wood

raymondo60
raymondo60 Posts: 735
edited March 2013 in Commuting chat
On commute home tonight, circa 7:15; gridlock traffic through Tooting High St on the CS7 heading south. Got down to Colliers Wood, just before the one-way system, and saw three ambulances. A red Specialized was leaning up against a lamp-post with paramedics treating someone on a stretcher. 20 yards further down a car in the middle of the road with a motor scooter underneath it, and I mean literally underneath it; the car was 2 feet off the ground. Couldn't hang around, and in truth not entirely sure who was involved or not, but it looked bloody nasty and I hope everyone was OK. Be safe out there people.
Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"

Comments

• I passed by and saw this horrible seen of scooter part crushed under a car. I saw a man lying with his head over the pavement and rest of the body on the road being attended by paramedic. The man appeared motionless. I felt very sad about this seen. Road situation in London is only getting worse and drivers are desperate. There does not seem to be any planning to address the issue of dangerously narrow and extremely congested roads. Part of London south of the river is particularly backward in this regard.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I passed by and saw this horrible seen of scooter part crushed under a car. I saw a man lying with his head over the pavement and rest of the body on the road being attended by paramedic. The man appeared motionless. I felt very sad about this seen. Road situation in London is only getting worse and drivers are desperate. There does not seem to be any planning to address the issue of dangerously narrow and extremely congested roads. Part of London south of the river is particularly backward in this regard.

The only part of this post anyone needs to remember is highlighted

Wrong side of the river Guv
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    spen666 wrote:
    I passed by and saw this horrible seen of scooter part crushed under a car. I saw a man lying with his head over the pavement and rest of the body on the road being attended by paramedic. The man appeared motionless. I felt very sad about this seen. Road situation in London is only getting worse and drivers are desperate. There does not seem to be any planning to address the issue of dangerously narrow and extremely congested roads. Part of London south of the river is particularly backward in this regard.

Tw*ttish comment in a serious thread.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    BigMat wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Tw*ttish comment in a serious thread.

Abusive insults are really a grown up thing to post anren't they?

Posting a light hearted comment isn'tgoing to affect the outcome of an accident on a previous day is it?

Somebody needs to get a life and grow up
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    I do miss my SW commute along CS7, but that stretch between Tooting Bec and Colliers Wood is bloody deadly. I've not experienced a standard of driving that consistently bad anywhere else in London, or indeed anywhere else at all.

My thoughts are with those involved in this one, sounds serious...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    spen666 wrote:
    spen666 needs to get a life and grow up
    The only part of this post anyone needs to remember is highlighted.
  • I agree with you mate. Apparently some of the councils south of the river get much less funding per capita as opposed to the north of the river. There is minimal underground on the south which forces more people on already narrow roads. The people who do not agree with me should look at the tube map and compare the north and south circular road.
    regards

• I agree with you mate. Apparently some of the councils south of the river get much less funding per capita as opposed to the north of the river. There is minimal underground on the soud which forces more people on already narrow roads. The people who do not agree with me should look at the tube map and compare the north and south circular road.
    regards

• kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Unfortunately the most dangerous places are where there is heavy traffic and not much space normally coupled with ill thought out 'traffic calming' measures. SW has more than it's fair share especially Wandsworth with Trinity Road/ Burntwood Lane.

Pretty much the whole of CS7 is a horror show with Colliers Wood one of the worst. Northbound there are 2 very narrow lanes with barely enough room to filter. Southbound there's the gauntlet of having to get to the right lane to go straight on while chavs try to race past to go left on their way to Mitcham *shudder*.

North of the river has it's problem areas too. Embankment is often a car park and the battle to get to west of Fulham especially when Chelsea is playing is not particularly pleasant. City to Docklands is also pretty horrible. You just have to ride accordingly and avoid trouble spots if at all possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I find Golders Green a dodgy area to cycle through. Rubbish drivers in big, powerful(ish) cars, coupled with an over inflated sense of their own importance, as well as the narrow roads of the area and it being a rat run between the North Circ, A41 and A1. Rolling hills and lots of traffic lights mean it can be difficult sustaining ambient traffic speed, so taking promary is hard.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I find Golders Green a dodgy area to cycle through. Rubbish drivers in big, powerful(ish) cars, coupled with an over inflated sense of their own importance, as well as the narrow roads of the area and it being a rat run between the North Circ, A41 and A1. Rolling hills and lots of traffic lights mean it can be difficult sustaining ambient traffic speed, so taking promary is hard.

Absolutely agree....it's shocking in the morning at school run time. All that on-pavement parking is a nightmare, national express coaches, but the bit you said in bold sums it up....IME higher than usual ratio in GG.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,628
    PBo wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Absolutely agree....it's shocking in the morning at school run time. All that on-pavement parking is a nightmare, national express coaches, but the bit you said in bold sums it up....IME higher than usual ratio in GG.

A colleague lives around there and was run off the road twice in 6 months, neither vehicle stopped IIRC, so that sounds about right.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition