Hey! Hey! It's Friday

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Today is a day of win for three reasons...
Firstly, it's Friday, secondly it's payday and lastly it's raining today, so it's actually cool for the first time in weeks.

Yesterday is was as hot as f***! 33.5ºC and I had a meeting with a customer who was moving into a brand new building.
Due to the contractors working in the building is was noisy, so he said we should talk outside, in the 33º+ temps, while I was wearing a suit. Epic fail..

No major plans for the weekend, just got to get today behind me.. let the hours roll by..
Ah, and the other half arrives from France in a week's time too..

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' ladyboys,

New job contract was signed and handed back yesterday; notice sitting on current bosses desk. Boom.

Fryday, so there will be bacons. End of.

The rest of my working day shall be spent avoiding anyone in a suit and building a demo programme for my mecha/death-ray combo.

Onwards! To caffiene! Fried pork! And war machines!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Clank - good time ahead!

Morning

Today will be fun and games, but thankfully its friday.

Later will be the pub as we have the builders destroying our house - so I think it's not safe for the kids to eat there :)

Working tomorrow, but cycling in so much drink can be drank
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Its fryday YAAAAAY
    I will be mostly doing end of month rubbish with slight pauses for customer meetings.
    We have 13 confirmed viewers for saturday on current house, so house has been emptied and we have got to get out the house all day! :) i'm sure it will cost me somewhere along the lines? :(

Anywhoo been in work far too long without any bacons, time to rectify this.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Off to the dentist in a bit, then probably heading back down to Potters Bar... Now I know what you're thinking, that's far too much excitement for one day, so this evening will consist of studying.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Clank, proper job there congrats

Everyone else, I'm at work.... coffee... cake.... bacon... etc.... no day off until Tuesday.

Anyone free Tuesday I shall be off playing bikes if you want to join in
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Happy St Davids day to you Sheep Shaggers and Leek users.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    morning abusers...

Went to the docs for my annual checkup, had a blood test and the nurse remarked 'you have lovely veins'

Was it wrong to whip out my obvious and say 'check out the vein on that beauty!'*

* true story....I may have imagined the last bit though
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning losers.

Today I will mostly be eating Welsh cakes, drinking brains dark and fettling myself with a leek. Although as I don't currently reside in Wales it will probably only be the latter.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Meh,

A minion went awol yesterday, so looking to be one short tonight which will be fun as we have 54 covers booked in. I think today is going to be testing. Only here til 10pm but it seems so so far away.....
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,006
    Bored at work as it's dead. Airport run for the parents later followed by finishing boarding the loft.

Good times...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A good lie in this morning and only three hours in the office today. This is a win. Little over an hour to go.

Brought 'the other bike' in today as I hadn't been out on it for ages. It was good just to open the throttle and enjoy the morning sun and as I was later than normal the roads were quiet too. Another win.

Forecast is for a good weekend. Large amounts of bacons were purchased this morning for consumption over the weekend but it might be a struggle to resist the temptation of a quick bacons sandwich for supper tonight.

Later......
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    As I started my own thread about Fridays before this one (I'm sure some mods can confirm that *gulps*), I won't say my plans for today.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    As I started my own thread about Fridays before this one (I'm sure some mods can confirm that *gulps*), I won't say my plans for today.

Laters!

I never condone a blaming culture.

It was Clank's fault, he clearly chose this thread over yours.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Yep. He certainly won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

im on leave (thanks for paying your taxes)

ive not got much on the agenda, need to go for a jog later but other than that, im currently working on turning a sausage, egg and black pudding sandwich into feaces
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    I've just sold a bike, and general paperwork is on the agenda for the afternoon.
    Later I'm doing the Friday night drive to Nottingham which is going to become a regular event, then I'm eating pizza and PACKING ALL THE THINGS.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    UGh,

Car has been treated like an Etcha scetch i have noticed this morning, so i am in a foul mood!

Little vandals, if i caught who ever did i would end up in jail.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Friday and half the office are missing on a hen weekend, so not only is it quiet (as in the noisiest people in the office are missing), it's also bloody busy for the rest of us. I have no intention of doing any of my complex work and am coasting doing assistant work for the day.

Weekend of bridesmaid dress shopping, catching up on work, dog sitting and lambing on the cards.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    nicklouse wrote:

Just had about 30 little kids get on my train From Penarth, 29 in full Welsh costume the other dressed as a tiger...... obviously prefers frosties to being Welsh
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Gazlar wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Just had about 30 little kids get on my train From Penarth, 29 in full Welsh costume the other dressed as a tiger...... obviously prefers frosties to being Welsh
    safer than dressing up as a Sheep though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I also has (free) cake, mcflurry, and bacons.

The day is moving at a swift pace. supposed to be out tonight for a leaving do and birthday but seriously cba
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    'Noon mongs

Waiting for interview results, might not hear back until Monday though.

Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Clank
    Yep. He certainly won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year.

:shock: One small mistake and this is what happens? This is what our relationship means to you, is it?

Well, fine! Keep your thread and go. And here, have you're s***y Dido CD's back, too!

Anyway, I only said I liked her because you were into her!

I've had more cards at Christmas than you've had hot dinners!

....bloody men.....
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Clank

Hope you get the result you want.

Ta for the well-wishes folks. After the conversation with the current Boss today, looks like it'll be a good, good move!

Onwards! To a weekend of rally-car fettling, messing about on bikes, and Milton Jones on Sunday night!

Have a good 'un y'all. 8)

And Kickingmule - just remember Prestwick :wink:

• spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Clank wrote:

Hope you get the result you want.

Ta for the well-wishes folks. After the conversation with the current Boss today, looks like it'll be a good, good move!

Onwards! To a weekend of rally-car fettling, messing about on bikes, and Milton Jones on Sunday night!

Have a good 'un y'all. 8)

And Kickingmule - just remember Prestwick :wink:

Thanks, just had another call for another interview!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I'm sure I posted an insult to clank earlier, is it possible to have a post deleted in the crud?

Anyway, someone just gave me three bottles of decent wine as a thank you for services rendered, so the evening has taken a dramatic upturn. Although tomorrow morning will now suck.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Just remembered that tonight is the office pub crawl on a bike.. and I'm missing out because I've got to go back to Nottingham. Rubbish.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Evening Dribblers,

Finished doing annual appraisals for my London minions, now I have to go to Holland on Monday to do the Clog wearing minions. Ah the fun of it. Now chilling out with a bottle of cider and watching the box. Will try to register for the London to Brighton charity ride tomorrow, might need the British Heart Foundation with the amount of crap I'm eating just now :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]