Scott Speedster 20 (or 10)

DonBike
DonBike Posts: 35
edited March 2013 in Road general
Hi all,

I am looking at buying my first 'proper' road bike and am settling on the 2013 Scott Speedster as they are get great reviews and look good value for money.

Firstly, has anyone got any experience of riding the Speedster 10 or 20 and what are your views?

Secondly, is the 10 worth the extra c.£400 for Ultegra kit and up-graded wheels?

Any opinions and views gratefully received.

Thanks

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Yeah, I'd go for the 10. Full ultegra over 105 for an extra 400 isn't too bad. I suppose the frame is a bit better too?

The upgraded R500 wheelset is reasonably okay. Although I've seen a few people buy them for their new builds on this forum. So they can't be that bad I suppose.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I have last year's s20 was really happy getting full 105 for 800 (sale). Quite a racy frame but I use it to commute daily. Not yad any problems so far. Very light bike too and fast. Found it a bit twitchy in rain but don't have anything else to compare it to. I like it. Plus do.t see many in the roads so nice to be unique. I upgraded my brakes to ultegra not really sure how much difference there is.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    I've got the S30 as my winter bike (CR1 for good weather) and I think the S30 is very good. Only down side are the brakes, they are definately the weak spot.