Noise reducing training mat.

Juantwothreefour
Juantwothreefour Posts: 25
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Anyone got any recommendations on a training mat that actually works at noise reduction? Turbo trainer makes a bit of noise (not loads), but enough to annoy my housemates.

Comments

• Have one myself but it only reduces the vibration noise. But if your turbo mechanism itself is making most of the noise doubt you will notice any difference.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just get a few meters of the gold standard underlay ? Two layers should be enough ?
  • +1 for the underlay.

Speak to a local carpet shop, they may have off cuts that you could have.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yoga mat works wonders for me.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • goffski
    goffski Posts: 72
    Have one myself but it only reduces the vibration noise. But if your turbo mechanism itself is making most of the noise doubt you will notice any difference.

^^ This.

I've now moved my turbo upstairs and it makes a LOT more noise on the floor boards than it did downstairs on the solid floor. I might actually try some underlay or some old carpet under the mat to see if it makes much difference.
  • Yeah I have also recently moved upstairs and I think it's got worse since then. Thanks for the tips, I'll give the underlay a shot.
  • strongman
    strongman Posts: 51
    I tried a few things but I am currently using this-http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000N3T0Z0/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1362156378&sr=8-2&pi=SL75, which works really well.

exercise.png