Bianchi Sempre pro or Wilier Iozard xp ??

bluebirdk7
bluebirdk7 Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
am thinking very hard about which of these to go for???

anyone got a few thoughts on this, or just to confuse the issue any other similar machine !!!!

cheers

Comments

• I've been drooling over the Bianchi for a while now, that's where my money would go. How do the gruppos/wheelsets compare? (assuming you're buying a bike and not just a frame)
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    For a start Sempre is more aggressive geometry than Izoard. Its also more expensive by about £300 from what I can see for similar spec bikes. I have an Izoard so clearly I am biased. The new Izoards with Centaur or Ultegra in black look nice to me. The 105 bike isnt as appealing. I dont think I would spend £2k on a bike that had campag veloce 10 speed on it and that seems to be the spec on the cheapest Sempre. I do like Bianchis but I think I would only consider an Infinito at the moment. I reckon if I had £2k to spend I would be looking at a Cannondale Supersix or a Colnago CLX 3 nearly new.
  • +1 for the Supersix, I have one and it's lovely. Also if you're UK based you can go to http://www.paulscycles.co.uk and pick up a 2012 model with 105 (with a better spec and nicer paintjob IMO) for £1350 or £1500 and spend the change on some new wheels :) (or get the Ultegra version for £2k, don't see the value in that though)
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I love Williers so that's where my money would go
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    The Izoard says Wilier on it - that puts the rest in the shade ;-)
  • sassse
    sassse Posts: 64
    If the specs etc are similar, it comes down to which one you like the look of the best.... the one that makes your heart sing is the one you should buy.

That saying I love my 11 Izoard with Centaur.
  • http://www.wilier-usa.com/en/important- ... xp-owners/

For what's it worth to start things off here...
  • Calpol
    What has that got to do with the OP's question?
  • Recalls are typically a thumbprint of a brand's quality.
  • Calpol
    Recalls are typically a thumbprint of a brand's quality.
    Really?
    In that case best even matters up
    http://www.bianchiusa.com/news-story/archive/2012/february/article/2012-via-nirone-2300-recall/
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Recalls are typically a thumbprint of a brand's quality.

Total rubbish.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I had.a wilier great great bikes. Math selden in holland has some great prices on them.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I had.a wilier great great bikes. Math selden in holland has some great prices on them.
    a good call, got a great deal on the Zero 7 from them
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    How about taking the first two bikes for a test ride ? (Or any others that have got mentioned)

Just a thought.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • How about taking the first two bikes for a test ride ? (Or any others that have got mentioned)

Just a thought.

True, a test ride of equally or close to the same spec bike like Ultegra on the Wilier, is a fare comparison. Unfortunately there are many cyclists in this world who still put the "race to the bottom" (in price) a priority over quality and test ride (see if the shop will let you ride it for an hour at least).

The new Sempre Pro is redesigned and in my opinion a better version than it's outgoing model Sempre. The tapered head tube and downtube are larger for better cornering and transmission of pedal power, along with the ability to run the frame either cable or electronic shifting. BB30 bottom bracket too.

The geometry on the Sempre Pro is more accommodating from a size perspective too. In order to save money, some brands will use pretty much the same size chainstay length and seat tube angle across all their sizes. The Sempre Pro geometry adjusts for different sized riders....knowing that a cyclist who is 6'4" has different bike fit and geometry needs than a rider that's 5'6"; you're doing disservice to the consumer giving them the same rear triangle measurements.

In addition the Sempre Pro frame is constructed using Nano-Tech which increased the frame's fracture resistance by 27% over non-Nano Tech constructed frames. As with many Bianchi frames, your money is going into the frame not the parts which is why other brands might be a bit lesser in cost. That being said, this is the exact same frame being raced by Androni in the pro peloton this year, not the same carbon mold with cheaper grade of carbon.

If it's good enough to be raced at Strade Bianche, it's good enough for you!
    :wink: