Bike friendly Paris Hotels

nick300zx
nick300zx Posts: 219
edited February 2013 in Road general
Hope this in the right section.

I'm involved in organising a London to Paris ride in September for a group of work colleagues.

Most details are sorted but we are having trouble finding a hotel in Paris that will let bikes in rooms or has secure storage. There will be about 12 riders some with partners meeting us out there so about 9 rooms needed.

I was wondering if anyone that has done this trip has any hotel details or other advice that may help.

Cheers

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not the specifics of your trip but have experience of biking holidays using hotels in France. I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem storing bikes anywhere in France as they are such a part of their culture. I generally my hotel stops via booking.com and put in the any special requests box that bike storage for x number of bikes is needed. I wouldnt expect them to allow bikes in rooms but they will generally store in a shed or a dining room or anywhere where there is a space but are all to happy to accommodate. Obviously you have quite a lot of bikes where I only have 4 ...
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Not the specifics of your trip but have experience of biking holidays using hotels in France. I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem storing bikes anywhere in France as they are such a part of their culture. I generally my hotel stops via booking.com and put in the any special requests box that bike storage for x number of bikes is needed. I wouldnt expect them to allow bikes in rooms but they will generally store in a shed or a dining room or anywhere where there is a space but are all to happy to accommodate. Obviously you have quite a lot of bikes where I only have 4 ...

Ta for the reply.
    I think that this is a Paris specific problem. We have found hotels in Calais & Amiens that have been very accommodating but so far have only had rejection in Paris.
    There are loads of L2P rides throughout the year, just wondered what everyone else does.
  • We stayed here in September last year. Although technically we didn't ask there weren't any problems with us taking bikes up to our rooms. It's really basic and probably not what the wife might expect for a hotel in Paris but it was cheap (<€60)! About a five/ ten minute taxi to the centre if i recall. Booked it via eurobookings website.
    http://www.hotel-villa-du-maine-paris.com
  • chaos75 wrote:
    We stayed here in September last year. Although technically we didn't ask there weren't any problems with us taking bikes up to our rooms. It's really basic and probably not what the wife might expect for a hotel in Paris but it was cheap (<€60)! About a five/ ten minute taxi to the centre if i recall. Booked it via eurobookings website.
    http://www.hotel-villa-du-maine-paris.com

That looks great thanks. I'll give it a try. We only need it for one night. Hopefully the bikes are going back to the UK by van the next day and we'll move onto somewhere more upmarket. :D
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Hope you find somewhere. I can't really suggest a hotel as all our bikes were stored at the French office of my company in their basement.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875