Webster bikes - anyone know anything about them?

elbowloh
elbowloh Posts: 7,078
edited February 2013 in Road general
Hi all,

Last year I bought a second hand steel-framed road bike, it's got stickers on it proclaiming it to be a "Webster" (there's also a spider-web sticker on the head-tube). I've done lots of googling and can't find anything about this make, apart from Webster of Chesterfield from the 40's, but the logo's not the same and the stickers appear to be 80's or 90s imo.

I've also searched this forum and the only mention i can see of "Webster" is that it's used as a term of endearment on parts of the forum :wink: .

As i said it's still framed, no lugs, looks like it used to have shifters on the down-tube, but it's been converted so it now has STI levers on the bars.

Any ideas anyone?
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
Tall....
www.seewildlife.co.uk

Comments

• he rides one :lol:

cool-bicycle-drawings-gessato-gslect-1.jpg

Just googled some stuff and probably found the same info as you did - you could try taking a photo of the logo and dropping it into google image search and see if that gets any response.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • elbowloh
    he rides one :lol:
    Just googled some stuff and probably found the same info as you did - you could try taking a photo of the logo and dropping it into google image search and see if that gets any response.
    Cheers, but I don't think i'll need a photo, just use that one you've posted, it's spot on!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    It's Websters' shop in Leicester.

http://www.mailordercycles.com/
  • elbowloh
    I looked on that site before, but couldn't see any bikes branded as Websters though.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk